5. Biggest, nicest indoor hotel pool we've ever seen. And it's salt water! No horrible overbearing chlorine smell.
4. Fabulous breakfast buffet. Made to order omelettes, waffles, fresh ripe fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, and pastries. Cost-$16 for adults, $5 for kids. Small Starbucks outpost at bar near restaurant.
3. Location-across from Maine Mall; Close to Portland, Freeport and Saco. Five minutes from Portland Jetport. Freeport is a big draw..due to LL Bean and outlets. I thought it was so funny that people unbox their purchases and leave boxes in the hall (see photo).
2. Clean room. Comfortable bed, down quilt. Bathroom nicely done..marble counter, assortment of trial size bathroom items. And the bathroom has a fan...haven't seen that in a hotel in quite awhile. The room is not spacious (2 double beds) but how much time do you plan on spending there anyway? There was a small fridge there that we didn't order but it came in handy.
1. Although we had minimal contact with hotel personnel, when we did they were accommodating and pleasant. We will definitely consider this hotel when visiting Portland again.
-1 The only negative of the stay was that housekeeping did not make up the room the first day. When I called about this, someone came up immediately to restock bathroom and clean if we wanted. It was too late at that point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEWLY RENOVATED Portland Marriott is complete! Improvements include, newly renovated lobby complete with a business center, contemporary designed guest rooms with plush bedding and new high speed in-room technology. Enjoy swimming in our new heated indoor pool, whirl pool. Indulge all of your senses in our new restaurant and lounge. Meet, greet and entertain in our spectacular grand ballrooms. The Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks is nestled on the hill of the scenic, yet modern, Sable Oaks community and just minutes from Portland Airport and historic downtown Portland. Enjoy fine-dining and boutique shopping in the Old Port. Bring the family to the legendary Old Orchard Beach, sight see at Portland Headlight historic lighthouse, enjoy a sunset cruise on Casco Bay or visit Portland's own Museum of Art. Offering dynamic meeting space, business center, golf course, indoor pool, fitness center and more Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks is the perfect location to exceed your expectations ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portland Marriott At Sable Oaks Hotel South Portland
- Marriott Hotel South Portland
- Marriott South Portland
- South Portland Marriott
- Portland Marriott At Sable Oaks South Portland, Maine