Located across the entry drive from Sebago Brewery, the hotel is close to the mall and its associated stores and chain restaurants, Walmart and the Christmas Tree Shoppe. Really, other than Sebago, that is why you came to Portland and Maine. Fortunately, the hotel is also conveniently located near I-295 and the short drive into Portland and the Old Port. There are plenty of great restaurants, bars, and shops at the end of the 10 minute drive in to Portland. I-95 is nearby for travels and connections north and south (anyone interested in skiing or hiking?). Even US Route 1 is easy to get to as you head toward Portland Head Lighthouse or the beaches. If you don't have a car, I'm sorry. Go back to the airport and get one. If you are here for the alcohol, grab a GPS and find Allagash Brewery, Maine Mead Works, and New England Distillary for the whole spectrum of micro producers
This hotel has all of the ammenities you would expect of a Courtyard or any midpriced chain hotel. Courtyard has always served their breakfast buffet in a restaurant-like setting and charged for it. The area now opens in the evening and is a convient place to purchase a meal or a drink. What was new at this Courtyard (as well as the one I stayed at in Portland, ME) was the absence of free coffee in the lobby (not sure if this is a change for the entire chain or just Maine).
When I travel for personal reasons I like a clean hotel in a convienent location. I appreciate friendly service and will appointed rooms. I don't expect a lot, rarely using a pool, fitness center or business area for that matter. An airport shuttle is often a plus. This Courtyard had all of these (even small refigerators in each guest room).
I don't always take advantage of the breakfast even if it is free. But, while I hate to be petty, the one amenity I regularly use and expect is free coffee in the morning to start my day. Yes, there are coffee makers in each room but it isn't the same. The coffee is fine and I don't even mind making it, but I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar and the creamer packets in the room (unlike the lobby options) are horrible. Also, there are no paper cups in the room to grab your first cup of coffee and head out to start your day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 3 miles from the Portland Jetport, minutes from the Maine Mall, and less than 1 mile from I-95 and 295, Courtyard by Marriott Portland Airport is the perfect location for shopping, site-seeing, or visiting a corporate client. Sebago Brewing Company Restaurant, a local favorite, is just a short walk across the street. Fairpoint, Fairchild, Unum, and Hannaford are among the businesses within minutes of our door. Visit nearby beaches, dine on Lobster, and experience the friendly service that keeps people returning. Free Shuttle available on request to Airport, area offices, and restaurants within a 5 mile radius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Portland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Portland Airport Hotel South Portland
- Courtyard South Portland
- South Portland Courtyard
- South Portland Marriott
- Courtyard Hotel South Portland
- Courtyard By Marriott Portland Airport South Portland, Maine