“Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Onset, Massachusetts
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I brought a group of 30 here. We were treated well and very fast. Staff were accommodating and friendly and spent time with our patrons. Food was de-lish! Chowder was yummy!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Horrible across the board.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I guess we should have taken our warning from the fact that the parking lot was a virtual ghost town at dinner time on Sunday when all of the neighboring restaurants were quite full. This place was empty, except for about 10 tables on both sides of one row. It took awhile for our "waiter" to come to the table...I guess he was nice enough, but he was a horrendous server. He was clueless about the menu...I had to ask when he was wrapping up taking our order..."Uh...don't I get a choice of side?" and he struggled with that. He had taken our order...and never brought drinks until I asked about 10 minutes later. Then I had to ask for a refill...my husband never got one at all. I ordered the broiled fish and scallops. Scallops were lukewarm...fish was terrible. Dry and rubbery. The "side" of mashed potatoes must have been plopped onto the plate and microwaved. They were the worst...not to mention cold. Coleslaw...yuck. And my husband's "Admirals Platter" ....waiter said "No one can ever eat the whole thing!" Probably because it's mostly french fries ...and everything else is 75% greasy breading. This place was a complete waste of our vacation dollars. Please do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. Anywhere else.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Service great - food so-so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stopped here after a long day flying from Florida. Staff friendly and accommodating. My husband had a fried chicken and shrimp combo and I had the lobster pie. Neither my hubby nor I cared for our meals. Wish I could remember our server's name - he was truly a bright spot. Would not return.

Visited August 2013
Humboldt, SK
“Lobster Pie was awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I visited the Weathervane restaurant three times on our visit to Portland. It was conveniently located across the street from our hotel. The first night there I had the Lobster Pie and a $5 marguerita! It was the best lobster I had ever had. The second time I had a fish sandwich which was very good and my husband had the shrimp dinner. The shrimp were huge and very tasty. The third time, I went back to the lobster pie because it was our last night in Portland and I wanted a meal to remember (we live on the prairies, so no fresh lobster available!). My husband had the seafood combo with shrimp, scallops and lobster and he agreed that the stuffing was excellent. The service was okay and the temperature was a little warm for our liking, but we survived. Would definitely go back!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The fried clams were Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of 10 and they put us in the back room. The service was very slow. The food was good. The fried clams were very very good! I would go back.

• Visited August 2013