“Pet Friendly a Plus, But...” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Maine
“Pet Friendly a Plus, But...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night so he could catch an early morning flight out of Portland. We appreciated that our small dog was welcome at this hotel. However, housekeeping was literally pounding on our door despite the "Do Not Disturb" sign around the outside door handle. This was several hours before checkout time, and I was still getting ready for my day. After they apologized for the interruption, I could hear them just outside the door, complaining about how someone was "still in that room." Well, the checkout time listed is 11:00 a.m., and they nearly kicked me out at 8:45. A person should be able to get their money's worth out of a hotel stay. On the plus side, the breakfast staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I am so sorry that happened to you. Please forgive my overly exuberant housekeeping staff in their morning endeavors. I have spoken with them, and they understand the consternation they caused. Do not disturb means exactly that. They will not be doing that again, and they are also very apologetic. Thank you very much for your comments and compliment for our breakfast room staff. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we're doing right, and what we can do better. Enjoy your day, Beth Landergren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Watertown, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in 6 Comfort Inns in the past two weeks and this is the first one where I can hear the TV in the next room. Honestly I can't remember the last time this happened. It's so loud it's like the TV is MY TV. It's through that odd inner door between the two rooms. It's a big pet peeve of mine. The rest of the hotel is fine, the room is small but clean and there are touches of newness. Not enough plugs and I don't love the sink that's outside of the bathroom but all that I can get over. The TV next door I can't stand though. I'm gonna try some of the other hotels next time I'm in Portland I think. Maybe the rooms without the inner door are better?

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your comments about your experience with staying with us. I'm very sorry to hear that the walls let in so much noise. Yes, you are correct in that there would not be noise without the connecting door. We only have a few rooms that have the connecting door for families who like it. All of our business rooms are in quiet areas and do not have a door. There is also complimentary water and popcorn in the business rooms. Please give me a call if you would like to try it here again, and I'll make sure your room is quiet! Enjoy your day. Beth Landergren 207-775-0409.
Tamarac, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Nice TV and good internet too. We got some beer from the gas station/convenience store on the corner of Maine Mall Rd. and Western avenue (1/4 mile away) and some Indian take-out from Taj (1 1/2 miles), and watched a bowl game. It was a relaxing, no-problems way to wind up a long visit to Maine.

Only possible negative: My wife thought the AC/Heating unit was a bit loud; but I actually appreciated the white noise.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014

Each of our staff look forward to reading comments like yours. It makes us happy to hear that our efforts are noticed and appreciated. We genuinely enjoy our guests.

Beth Landergren
Comfort Inn
207-775-0409
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We chose this Choice hotel because of its location to Portland jetport. We didn't know that it had an airport shuttle otherwise we may have saved on the cost of one nights hire car and collected it the following day, but as our flight arrived quite late at night this didn't really matter. The weather had been quite bad but the car park was had been cleared of snow. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was very friendly and welcoming. The room was an average comfort inn room but it was clean so as we were only there overnight it was good. The breakfast area was small but not over crowded when we were in there. There was a nice selection of items from hot sausage and eggs to cereal, toast and pastries. There was a very useful selection of ice scrapers by the main door which considering the weather was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

After s long day of delays and travel, the hotel was a nice reprieve. The receptionist was very courteous, the room was clean and updated, and the halls are quiet. Free breakfast and the airport shuttle are a nice addition. I'd stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have stayed in 9 choice hotels during this trip to florida and back. This is the only one where i cannot get on the internet with my laptop. Stayed there last year this time and had the same problem. The price of this hotel is now a bit high for the condition of it; i think we can stay in a newer one for maybe $5 more. We used to stay here whenever we were in portland but i guess we have to say goodby.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late at night for an early morning flight the next morning. Easy check in, great staff. I was not happy with the cleanliness of the room. There was food on the floor under the chair, very noticeable, within easy vacuum reach and even worse, there was hairs in the bathtub. I will not go back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!