“A little pricey but good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saco, Maine
“A little pricey but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to this restaurant. We ordered the spinach salad which was delicious and a large portion for a salad unless you have it as a meal and my husband ordered the gazpacho which was tasty with a splint hint of heat. I had the fish tacos and they were filled well but my leftover one had much more flavor the next day. My husbands burger was ok. Overall the food is god but it is pricey. Two apps, two meals and five beers $82. Seemed like a lot.

Visited August 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Fabulous gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have had so many wonderful meals at Isidore. The appetizers are fantastic (I love the mussels) and the Short Ribs are AMAZING. It's a great bar atmosphere and the staff are great and helpful. Definitely worth stopping in!

Visited June 2013
Portland, Maine, United States
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Isidore On the Rocks is a true gem! The food is fantastic and has a nice local flare. The menu changes from time to time, and every change is excellent. The atmosphere is charming and warm, and there are some very cool touches like the building’s original tin ceiling is now the wall behind the bar. My wife and I go there to eat quite often and we have never been disappointed. In fact, most of the time we are blown away by the quality and unique blend of taste combinations and beautiful preparation. You might think it would be just standard pub food, but get your taste buds ready for a real treat with unique dishes as well as great variations on standard fare. If you want standard pub food they have that too with awesome burgers, and the nachos are the best we have ever had. Rob is the owner and head chef, and his creations are just amazing with a unique approach that is always delicious. He and all of his staff are cordial and friendly, and they go out of their way to make sure everything is right. We cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, and in fact we are going again tonight. Thanks, Rob for creating such a special place.

• Visited May 2013
Dover, New Hampshire
“Good food, Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to Isidore recently with friends with whom we dine out frequently. None of us were terribly hungry so we all ordered a burger, with varying cheeses on top. They were cooked perfectly to our individual tastes and the pomme frites - AKA French fries - were delicious as a side. Our server Ashlin was attentive and well informed on the menu, specials and as to the cooking methods the chef favors. We will definitely go there again, while hungrier, and try the other items on the menu.

• Visited April 2013
York, Maine
“Fantastic time, live music and great eats..What more could you ask for?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My dining partner and I arrived to have a leisurely dinner, but to our surprise we found out that there would be live entertainment starting at 8 p.m.! I love live entertainment...Rule 32 was the band's name. I decided to have the shrimp appetizer, I think it was called N' Awlins shrimp. It had a spicy kick to the homemade pan sauce. And ohhh the crispy polenta fries were to die for! I would like to order just a side of those next time I visit. My dining partner and I decided to split a salad. We ordered the Baby Spinach salad, the greens were dressed perfectly, and toasted pine nuts really complimented the creamy blue cheese crumbles. Our server, Rob, also the owner, recommended that we try the Shrimp Carbonara and Mahi with the rhubarb-pineapple compote. He hit the nail on the head with these recommendations! Our entree's were cooked perfectly and enjoyed a bottle of Cote de Rhone. After dinner we decided to have a little something sweet. We choose the strawberry rhubarb shortcake and some B & B for our after dinner drink as we listened to the band. This was are second visit and will return to this delightful establishment.

• Visited April 2013