“Immaculately kept house with lovely rooms and the best breakfast I have encountered.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Gables

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boston Spa
Four Gables
You added Four Gables to your Saves list
Oaks Lane, Boston Spa, Wetherby LS23 6DS, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Boston Spa B&B and Inns
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I found the Four Gables on a google search. My wife and I were in Yorkshire for a family wedding and accompanied by our daughter and son and their partners. Booking was very straightforward.This lovely house in a pleasant small town was beautifully kept. We were greeted warmly with a cup of tea. The rooms were spacious and extremely comfortable and the breakfasts were superb with local produce and a daily special not to be missed. Our host and hostess have put a huge amount into their B&B and they can be very proud of their achievement. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Four Gables and would most certainly return there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed with 3 friends after a day at the Ayurvedic spa, the Four Gables was just perfect. We thoroughly enjoyed the home made cake, coffee and delicious breakfast. Our hosts made us very welcome and the gardens were just perfect for us to practice our Tai Chi. So much nicer than staying in a larger clinical hotel and so refreshing to find a lovely place with lovely people.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Our family had a wonderful stay at Four Gables. This is a stunning Arts and Crafts style home with interesting features everywhere you look. Our rooms were large and quiet, very comfortable. The breakfasts were easily the best we had in the UK—everything fresh and local, elegantly served. Anne and David are great hosts. We even watched a World Cup match on the big screen!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I recently spent 3 nights at Four Gables as I was working nearby. Looking at the other local options it seemed like a good choice based on fellow TripAdvisor reviews.

I can honestly say that on reflection I could not have stayed in a more pleasant environment. The house is beautiful and spotless. My room was inkeeping with the arts and crafts style of the house and whilst traditional in make-up featured all the mod cons I'd require (LCD TV with Freeview, DVD player, Ipod dock etc). The bathroom was cleaned daily and linens were freshened each time they were used.

I don't think breakfast needs much comment as other reviewers have already re-iterated time and time again - it's fabulous! I found myself breezing through the day full of energy and forgetting lunch all together twice! Try Annes 'Eggs Calfornia' - The ideal starter to
any day!

I'd also like to mention that having forgotten my old pyjamas they were promptly mailed back to me at Four Gables expense.... Now that's service!!

The only thing that baffles me is how I got away with £55 a night (inc Breakfast). I've paid three times this in other venues and had nothing like the level of service, breakfast or room quality.... Outstanding value for money from a venue that I will surely be a return visitor!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Holland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I couldn't have wished for a better place to stay.
It was a warm welcome, my room was very comfortable and there was paid attention to many details such as nice dvd's ,good books, coffee/tea making facilities, bathroom necessaries etc.The breakfast was the best treat !
I can highly recommend "The Four Gables ".

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
hottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Very welcoming. Offered tea and cake upon arrival. Our room was warm and comfortable with nice decor and a wide selection of books on the shelves. Lovely breakfast every morning with a chance to natter with the other guests. Good selection of breakfast choices! Lovely quiet village. Felt well looked after. Easy to get to from bus station in Leeds centre.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Four gables is a beautiful house a wealth of character and charm. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, if slightly chilly, and the breakfast was lovely. The road leading to the B&B is a bit of a challenge but worth the effort.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
BostonSpaWetherby, Owner at Four Gables, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
We would like to clarify that these guests visited us during the worst winter weather in some 40 years.... normally our private lane, while unpaved, is very much passable. It is also worth mentioning that they were the first guests to stay in two rooms after we had been closed for 6 weeks - and the heating had gone out due to the dire weather (but we did provide space heaters in addition to the radiators, which were already cranking at full force by that time). Very sorry that it wasn't as good an experience as we try to provide for all of our guests!

Been to Four Gables? Share your experiences!