My daughter and I only had time to stay for one night, but I wanted a hotel that was different with a history. What a beautiful hotel! The owners were a delight, and we wished we had time to explore the grounds with a beautiful view of the bay. Each room was decorated with antiques. So comfortable and inviting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain A.V. Nickels Inn offers luxury accommodations in an historic setting. The Inn, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1874 by Captain Nickels as a gift to his bride. It is a breathtaking building sitting on 3 meandering acres directly on the island-studded Penobscot Bay about halfway between the beautiful towns of Camden and Bar Harbor. The Inn is often cited as one of the most photographed inns on the Maine coast and "creates a memory" for each guest who is treated to a level of luxury and attention to detail usually only seen in exclusive small hotels or inns in Europe. All rooms are furnished with European and American antiques, art, china and decorative touches creating the sophisticated air of a fine country home. Roaring fires on cool evenings, wicker on the lovely front porch, and lawn furniture by the water adds ambiance that invites guests to relax a while and enjoy the beautiful views from expansive windows or from the large decks overlooking the property. Two restaurants on site serve guests well by offering a large selection of locally sourced food (some grown right in our own gardens) expertly prepared by our chef. The bar is well stocked with a large selection of wines and our bartender is always ready to mix our signature cocktails. Common areas include two sitting rooms, a library, a lounge, a dining room, a breakfast conservatory, a ballroom, and a loggia with views to the Bay. Evening wine and cheese is served to all guests. After having slept in spacious suites beautifully furnished with antiques and sumptuous beds, overnight guests awake to the site of the sunrise across the bay and will enjoy a gourmet mimosa breakfast in the Inn's sunlit breakfast conservatory. The murmur of waves from the Bay and wonderful sea air enhance the restful atmosphere. All rooms have private baths, flat screen TVs, wireless internet capabilities, coffee/tea service, and luxurious bath amenities. Some have electric fire places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Captain A. V. Nickels Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain a. v. Nickels Hotel Searsport
- Captain A. V. Nickels Inn Searsport, Maine