This was my first time staying at a Bed & Breakfast and I'm a convert! Jim and Brenda Liston, owners and proprietors of The Captain Nickels Inn, introduced a high standard and raised my expectations for any B&B Ill be staying at in the future. The rooms were lovely, the food was incredible and they were perfect hosts. I was in heaven with three-course breakfasts that started with wonderful creations such as berry yogurt crunch or peaches & cream and followed with sunny side-up eggs, fresh bacon and tomatoes, crème Brule French toast, drunken
berries apple pie, and vegetable quiche served with mimosas, tea, coffee and music that relaxes and prepares you for the day. After these kinds of meals to start the day, you don't need lunch! I also had one of the best lobster dinners at this Inn in my entire life. They are such great cooks! The beds are comfortable and tasteful details in each differently decorated sleeping room enhance the beauty of the entire Inn. The Inn is near the shore and the grounds
are lovely to wander around and take pictures. Or you can just relax and stay inside the house sipping wine with an interesting novel borrowed from their library. On the days I went sightseeing in nearby towns or cities, I looked forward to coming back to the Inn and relaxing with wine and a delicious assortment of wine, cheeses and fruit. This was one of the best vacations I've ever had!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain A.V. Nickels Inn offers luxury accommodations in an historic setting. The Inn, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1874 by Captain Nickels as a gift to his bride. It is a breathtaking building sitting on 3 meandering acres directly on the island-studded Penobscot Bay about halfway between the beautiful towns of Camden and Bar Harbor. The Inn is often cited as one of the most photographed inns on the Maine coast and "creates a memory" for each guest who is treated to a level of luxury and attention to detail usually only seen in exclusive small hotels or inns in Europe. All rooms are furnished with European and American antiques, art, china and decorative touches creating the sophisticated air of a fine country home. Roaring fires on cool evenings, wicker on the lovely front porch, and lawn furniture by the water adds ambiance that invites guests to relax a while and enjoy the beautiful views from expansive windows or from the large decks overlooking the property. Two restaurants on site serve guests well by offering a large selection of locally sourced food (some grown right in our own gardens) expertly prepared by our chef. The bar is well stocked with a large selection of wines and our bartender is always ready to mix our signature cocktails. Common areas include two sitting rooms, a library, a lounge, a dining room, a breakfast conservatory, a ballroom, and a loggia with views to the Bay. Evening wine and cheese is served to all guests. After having slept in spacious suites beautifully furnished with antiques and sumptuous beds, overnight guests awake to the site of the sunrise across the bay and will enjoy a gourmet mimosa breakfast in the Inn's sunlit breakfast conservatory. The murmur of waves from the Bay and wonderful sea air enhance the restful atmosphere. All rooms have private baths, flat screen TVs, wireless internet capabilities, coffee/tea service, and luxurious bath amenities. Some have electric fire places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Captain A. V. Nickels Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain a. v. Nickels Hotel Searsport
- Captain A. V. Nickels Inn Searsport, Maine