“Camping YAY!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Searsport Shores Oceanfront Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Searsport
Searsport Shores Oceanfront Campground
You added Searsport Shores Oceanfront Campground to your Saves list
Rt. 1, 216 West Main St., Searsport, ME 04974   |
Queens, New York
“Camping YAY!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I will preface this by saying the only times I have been camping is in State Parks in NJ in the 90's with my summer camp. There we had sites that were spaced far apart and we were pretty much alone with our group, so I did not know what to expect when we actually got to this campground.

My boyfriend and I wanted to do oceanfront camping. After researching this late we found Searsport Shores. The people who run it were friendly and lovely.

We stayed Saturday to Monday in late August of 2012, when we got there Saturday the place was packed with families. We stayed at tent site #15, I was surprised that the sites were close together but regardless of this, I still felt that we were in our own private space. The site is on the water but it is not the "ocean" ocean, like I am used to, more like large bay. It was a beautiful view and the sound of the water was lovely. I would say tent site #15 and the two to the right of the site are the best ocean front tent sites.

Our site was a short walk to the toilets and showers which were well maintained, I only wish my fellow campers did a better job of keeping it tidy.

The camp office has a few items for sale, please try the homemade kettle corn, it was so delish.

Most likely we will be back this upcoming summer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wayne, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, even though it rained much of the time. The ocean view from our trailer was wonderful and, when the skies cleared, it was even better. The owners are friendly and very accomodating. There are plenty of paths and trails to explore. Nearby Searsport has some fun shops.
One reviewer complained about the view of a chemical plant that "runs tankers round the clock." It's hard to imagine where this individual was, but of the 180-degree view from the shore, the two or three liquified gas tanks that were visable probably only took up about 5 percent of the view, if that, and were hardly an eyesore. We saw one ship anchored off shore that didn't budge over the three-day weekend. My guess is the nasty reviewer is one of those few who do not require energy to fuel vehicles or anything else. If you can get by tenting by bike, more power to you. But those of us who do use vehicles appreciate having fuel. Please, can we do without the over-dramatization?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I camped in our travel trailer and I attended classes at "Fiber College."
We both enjoyed it so much we are returning this year. The camp is clean, beautiful and peaceful; the owners are kind, helpful and dedicated to making this place magical. They live on site - the gardens and pathways are maintained regularly, as are the other facilities. (The showers are the cleanest I've seen in any campground.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm not sure what the woman was smoking when she wrote about Steve and the owners but she couldn't be more wrong in her statement! We have had a coach for the past 7 years and have stayed at many, many RV campgrounds throughout the US.We have never had more pleasant owners then these folks! Searsport Campground is a must stay location. I made a reservation for the first day they opened in May and they were so accommodating in our space, needs and enjoyment.

The views are breathtaking, well worth the cost and the owners are a delight!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Myself and my friends stayed for three nights and this place was beautiful! Everyone there was down to earth and friendly as well as extremely helpful! The grounds were clean and there was so much to explore! The goats were friendly and the art studio was great with people willing to teach anyone who wanted to learn a new skill. I cannot wait to go back next year!

• Stayed September 2012
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Well..what can I say. Drilled at check in ...even asked to empty pockets to see if I carried "dog poop bags"...hope she was joking but not quite sure. Check in took over half an hour and then could not get the Visa machine to print a receipt. The $42.00 for a basic tent sight (and an average one at that) is the most we have ever payed for a campsite, and we just came back from an 8 week tour which tool us around the whole of North America...coast to coast border to border..... Signs and buckets at the cramped outdoor showers, saying to mop up after yourself....mens toilet is in the middle of the extensive laundry room..which oddly was filled with women at all hours. Met the owners...lady was kind of Zen. The place overall had a bit of a "stepford wife" feeling to it. Could not in all honestly tell people to stay at the campground and could not wait to get the heck out of there.

Room Tip: Sorry nothing to good to say about the place...Way overpriced.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the Searsport Shores Oceanfront Campground after researching oceanfront camping. When we arrived we were given a chance to choose from a few tent camping sites. Our site was perfect. We had a lot of privacy. Our first few days had unexpected rain and our tent did not prove worthy. After some chance encounters with some of the most amazing people I have ever met, we got a new tent and our neighbors/staff helped us pitch the tent in the pouring rain. From that moment on we enjoyed the site, the staff, the activities. Kayaking on the ocean. It was so beautiful. Bonfire on the beach. Staff were present and went above and beyond to always share smiles, stories and helpful hints. We created the most amazing relationships with other guests and staff. Dogs are welcome and it is so nice. It was so quiet and serene. The playground is amazing. There is a recreation room. Ice and Fire Wood as needed. Two adorable goats to love and feed. We will definitely be back. I have camped since I was child and this was the most amazing vacation ever. Thank you to everyone and we hope to see you all again very soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Searsport Shores Oceanfront Campground? Share your experiences!