“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Scarborough
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am a frequent traveler for work & I usually stay at Marriott properties (Platinum member) whenever possible so I have a lot of comparison opportunities.

This is a fairly solid property as far as front desk and the property manager are concerned. Scarlet at the front desk is extremely helpful & caring. I cannot say enough good things about her & if she doesn't move up in the company it would be a real waste of talent. Jeff, the property manager, responds to both compliments & complaints in a timely & professional manner.

The outdoor pool was a great treat that was unexpected that far north & I throughly enjoyed it one day that hit 90 degrees when I couldn't get to the beach.

The housekeeping at this property left much to be desired. Most days they did not refill the coffee/cups/sweetner in the room & there were food splash marks on a photo the entire week I was there. I also left a gratuity & note several times asking for specific things like extra conditioner & hand towels. I got them once, but they were more than happy to pocket the tip. This is where the property manager, Jeff, stepped in & assisted & I throughly appreciated it. Housekeeping needs some re-training at this property.

Overall I would stay here again & I would recommend it to family & friends.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jeff B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland/ Maine Mall, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you again for bringing some areas that needed addressing to our attention. I appreciate your feedback and have already begun implementing some coaching and best practices. We look forward to your return and will be ready to impress you!

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sparta, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We always stay here on our many trips to Maine. The staff is committed to excellence! We always feel welcome and comfortable as we pass through the area! This is a great place to use as home base if you are visiting Portland

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JodyZ74,

Thank you so much for your review. I means so much for you to appreciate how hard our staff works to give guests an excellent experience. We can't wait to have you back!
Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We've stayed here several times over the years. It is an older property (which means usually bigger rooms) and well maintained. If you've stayed at Fairfield Inns before you will not be surprised. The hotel is spotless, the room, beds and furnishings are comfortable and clean. The staff is very accommodating. They even provide a snack such as soup and salad at dinnertime for no extra charge. A nice touch. Unfortunately there isn't anyplace to chow down within walking distance but I'm sure their courtesy shuttle will take you. Breakfast is typical FFI which means it is ok but not great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland/ Maine Mall, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Road_Maven,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our wonderful amenities. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was at the Fairfield this past week, it had been a couple of months since my last stay. I called and spoke with Scarlett to arrange my stay, and as always, the friendly and courteous manner I have experienced from my previous stays was again very present. The room was clean, neat and comfortable. The staff, well... they are an awesome group !!. Breakfast was fun. The food was good as always, but I saw other guests, some with children, really enjoying themselves. The Fairfield is close to local shopping areas and is conveniently located near the highway. They are, have been , and will continue to be my First Choice !!

Green Features: The personal friendly treatment is always awesome !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Jeff B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland/ Maine Mall, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for coming to visit us again. We appreciate your review and hope you will stay with us again.
Guttenberg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is an awesome choice when visiting Portland for those on a budget. The staff is super friendly and will bend over backwards to service their guests. The assistant manager was extremely helpful and knowledgable. Beverly made breakfast each morning superb. She was so kind. The lobby is inviting and had a coffee/ tea station around the clock. Fruit & ice tea each afternoon. The pool was greatly enjoyed by my kids. It felt like home away from home. The week spent here was terrific.

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit small, but if you are out enjoying Portland, you won't mind.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LadyNE-travel,

We greatly appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review us as well. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The young lady (Lorena) that checked us in went above and beyond to make sure our stay was relaxing and worth the trip. We would definity stay at this hotel again !! She actually shuttled us to dinner that night and had a cab pick us up at no extra charge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at your hotel. The staff were excellent and the property was clean and well kept. Breakfast area was lovely. Thank you, especially Lorena for everything! I would recommend this hotel to family and friends as it was close to highways and located in an area with access to restaurants and stores and tourist areas.

• Stayed June 2014
We are so happy that your stay was excellent. The staff are experts at making guests feel at home. Please visit with us again!

Been to Fairfield Inn Portland/ Maine Mall? Share your experiences!