“Excellant place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Boston
“Excellant place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

We have our group of bird watching personel stayed at this place in Feb 09. As always this place is clean and quite, but this time we were surprised with the improvement. We enjoy our stay here due to fact that this place is easily accessible from US Rte 1.
Staff are very friendly and helped us a lot. Their Wi-Fi works great.
In cold weather, their hot shower makes my day.
Rates are very resonable and I recommend this place for stay.

• Liked — location and cleaniness
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed February 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

My mother, 15 month old son, and I recently spent a night here on our way up to Maine's midcoast and the property did not disappoint. The beds were comfortable and this was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. The owners were very helpful regarding directions to local restaurants and the best way to head up North. The one downside was they only had siderails instead of cribs for toddlers, which only made for an interesting night for mom!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — no cribs
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

A breath of fresh air is how I would describe this hotel. We stayed here one night in a king room and were absolutely amazed with not only the size of this room and bathroom but the cleanliness as well! The decor was beautiful and the bed one of the most comfortable I have slept on! Not only are the grounds nicely landscaped but the hallway and upstairs landing area are appointed with tables, bookcases and wicker furniture giving this hotel a warm atmosphere. Even though this hotel is located right off of Rt. 1 we did not hear any noise at all! The owner is extremely friendly and informative and a small continental breakfast is served from 7-10 am each morning in the office. There are plenty of maps and brochures of the area located right inside the front door to the office. If you want to go anywhere special ask the owner! He is very knowledgable about the area and can direct you anywhere you want to go. Now for the best part!! The phone rang about 5 minutes after we were in our room! It was the owner asking if our accomodations were alright and if we needed anything! How often does that occur? As I said this hotel is a breath of fresh air and we will be back!!

• Liked — Everything!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

I don't get the good reviews. I was dissapointed. I guess I got a "good deal" thru the AAA website of $120+ for a dble room but there was no microwave, no fridge, no coffeemaker , no hairdryer & I had to go to the front office for an iron & board. By the way, the front office was Amenities Central - that's were everything was including the phonebook, Rest menus & info on the local area- no welcome binder in the room just a single laminated sheet basically directing you to go to the AC above .I didn't see any wicker anything outside on the porch area just your regular plastic motel chairs. The room & bathroom were clean but the bedboard was dusty , the furnishings were intact but sparse and the mattress was terrible -it felt like a low grade futton. At first I did a double take on the address on my itinerary to make sure it was the same location as in the reviews. Maybe they have room grades & I stayed at the low end-? { 2nd flr towards the stairway at the entrance side of the property ?} The good? Friendly front desk staff but that's it , really. For the price I've stayed in much better rooms. I should have stayed at the Comfort Inn down the road.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

My wife, 4-year old and myself toured small towns in Maine and needed a place to stay one evening. Drove into this simple little motel and was most pleasantly surprised. Owner/operator went out of his way to give us a great rate, plus he gave us a gift card for dinner for $5 bucks off too! The room was large and close to immaculate. Bathroom was large and clean. The area was quiet which allowed us to get a good night's rest. The area was safe, too, as I walked a 1/4 mile to track down a newspaper at night. I would highly recommend this motel to anybody.

• Liked — great rate and very clean & quiet
  • Disliked — i had no complaints
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

I am very impressed with the personal attention that this hotel gives to each guest. The owner made sure that I got into my room easily and showed me around. I like the fact that it's owner-operated: the commitment to quality shows. It's also charming with pink geraniums outside the gray and white walls, with wicker furniture and Maine nautical knick-knacks outside ont the porch; lots of green grass, tall trees -- an ideal respite. I would definitely stay again. Oh, and they have free wireless internet access!

Kristen from California

• Liked — Friendly, clean, charming, good value
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

Jay: We will not feel right if we should fail to compliment you, your immediate family, and your maids and grounds people, on the best motel experience we have had in 42 years of traveling to Maine. Never had we experienced a daily room being cleaned so thoroughly as we did each of the 14 nights we spent with you this summer from July 20 to August 3.
The convenience of a refrigerator and microwave was a welcome addition to a very comfortable large double bedroom. The bathroom was the cleanest and the largest we have experienced in all of our motel stays.
We will be back to Maine next season and have no doubt where we will stay. In addition to the above niceties we were impressed by the friendliness of our fellow room renters. Each room had friendly and polite tenants. The thickness of your room walls resulted in our never hearing a neighbor’s television or personal conversation. In the 42 years mentioned above we have stayed mainly in the Westbrook and Scarborough areas close to Portland and we will not go back to any of them as long as there is a vacancy at your hotel. Your price was as reasonable as your attitude was refreshing.
Walter (Mickey) and Dorothy Martelle

Wellsville, New York

• Liked — Staff Friendlyness
  • Disliked — No Pool
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland? Share your experiences!