“don't get the lobster!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 78 restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1954 Anjon's Italian Restaurant has been serving the people of Scarborough and Southern Maine area only the finest Italian cuisine, choice steaks and freshest Maine seafood. Our world famous gourmet pasta sauces and stuffed bread are award-winning and mouth watering; come in and see for yourself! Offering private rooms for functions or large parties and catering available for pick-up
Yorba Linda, California
“don't get the lobster!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived in Portland, ME about 7:30 and asked for a recommendation of a place we could get lobster. Bayley's was closed, so we were referred to this place. The service was good, wine is expensive and the lobster was HORRIBLE! It was either previously frozen or overcooked. I don't think I have ever had a lobster where the meat was so tough.

That being said, the Ceasar salad was one of the best I have ever had!!

Visited October 2012

68% Recommend
Hudson, New Hampshire
“An excellant dining experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have been in the OOB area for about 10 years with a camper at a local campground. We've driven by Anjons many times and always say "we have to try this place sometime". In Sept my wife and I along with 2 friends finally did it. The food was excellant as was the service. I ordered the eggplant with angel hair, my wife ordered the calamari, our friends had the eggplant and the linguine with red clam sauce.My wife and I traded dishes because the calamari sauce was to spicey for her. We all enjoyed our meals very much.
On November 12 the four of us went back and brought another friend. He had a veal dish that he said was outstanding. My wife had the the ravioli, and the rest had a repeat of the first trip. This time we went all the way and had an antipasto first and 2 bottles of Chianti for the meal. The wine was as good as the food and reasonable. Everything, food, wine, and service were excellant. We will be returning next summer when camping begins.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canandaigua, New York
“Extensive Choices & the Specials Are Truly Special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

A 20 oz., two inch thick boneless Prime Rib was truly SPECIAL the way that defines what a special should be! Prime beef in every way and cooked exactly as I ordered it; medium. I feared that it couldn't possibly be as prime as it seemed and that I would soon find some fat & gristle within. My suspicions were unfounded and this superb cut of beef provided me with two delicious meals; one now & another back at our vacation cottage, as we were visiting Maine's coast.
My wife had one of the Italian menu's standard entrees; lasagna. She declared it too cheesy for her, but it did have delicious flavor. It's just a personal thing.
Service was exemplary, with every need anticipated before we could even ask for it!
All & all, we were very pleased & the greater Portland area is fortunate to have this dining choice.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Shore, MA
“Yummy Italian Food for a very good price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went to Anjon's for dinner with my Husband and another couple and had a fantastic time! The ambiance is very nice. I love the cork walls and the place is very clean. The hostess seated us right away and was very nice! The menu had many items to choose from and had "specials". I had the Veal parmigiana and it was delicious. My friend had the lobster and steak special and he absolutely loved it. We have been talking about going to Anjon's for two Summer's now and we are so glad we did. We are definitely going to be going here more often. Our waitress was also very fast, kind and on top of things. I'm definitely going back for the lobster special!

Visited July 2012
“Dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

After a long day of sight seeing, our family checked reviews of local restaurants and picked this one
The wait was long, service slow and food was not extraordinary.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere