“Different than before but still beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Black Point Inn Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   510 Black Point Road, Scarborough, ME 04074   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Boston
“Different than before but still beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

As other travelers have noted, this once was a very beautiful, elegant, high brow, extraordinarily expensive, old inn. It is still a very beautiful, elegant, old inn. While it may have lost some of its amenities, it is now quite reasonably priced and retains its most valuable features: the view, the pristine beaches, and the wonderful dining rooms. If you want a relaxing, vacation in a spot with drop dead gorgeous views, a great restaurant, good amenities, and good service this is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed for two nights at the Black Point Inn which has a commanding view of the bay as well as the open ocean from each side of the hotel. We were treated exceptionally well by everyone at the hotel. The hotel "Chart Room" restaurant has a great views and exception food - really - not kidding here - exceptional food and the wait staff is excellent. The rooms a large very well apointed. This is the way staying on the Maine coast should be. There must be a rigourous interview process that ensures only friendly and bright people work there. Our hats are off to the management of this hotel. We had two rooms with nice views - numbers 313 and 315. The rooms are large, king bed was very comfy, wonderful linens. I could go on. We have traveled for many years all over the world and this was in the top ten hotel experiences of our travels. PS - the property is located on a private peninsula and the speed limit is very strick near the hotel - I can't stress enough the level of enforcement - so drive at the speed limit. Don't let this be a deterent - it is a simply an exclusive private area - can't blame them for that.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

So this place is supposedly a nice joint. But you think your going to pay $250 for your room for a night and then they charge you 18% Service Fee on your total stay.....Thats a huge scam, why not just charge 300 for the room. Very disappointing. This policy should change..and I'll take this post down. BOOOOGUS

• Stayed June 2010
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Black Point Inn. It is a nice place to stay and very cozy. When I made my reservations I requested a room with a view of the water. I am so glad I did otherwise I would have been looking over houses. The room and view we had was wonderful.

My only complaint is the food. There is a very nice dining room and then there is a pub style dining area. Unfortunately, the food is exactly the same at night. When I made a comment about it, I was told they did that because more people wanted to eat in the pub where they could see the sunset. I felt as though the view was superb in the dining room. The service in the dining room was outstanding. They just need to either have a totally different menu or a few things that are just for the dining room.

I do hope to visit again in the future but not stay there so many days

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Davidson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We used the Black Pint Inn for our 5 day trip "center", making rental car day trips to the South, West and North. The Inn is ideally suited for this being just minutes from the Portland Airport and within easy access to both the shoreline roads and the Interstates.
Our hotel package included breakfast and diiner, so each day would begin with a full menu breakfast overlooking the bay, and end with a fantastic dinner overlokking the ocean (a unique ability of this stellar location).
The coast of Maine is a grand collection of quaint towns, great food, and magnificent views. A perfect romantic getaway celebration.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

I was horrified to see what the local owners did to the Black Point Inn. It was a beautiful, elegant and unique spot on this beautful coastline that so many enjoyed for so many years. But.... the owners (the people who all own properties on Prouts Neck)--massacred something so special and historic all in the name of personal greed and empty ambition for social positioning!! They bought up all the surrounding land and build "plastic" houses on it. It's pathetic and the grandparents who all earned their money in the first place...are all turning over in their graves, I am quite certain.
On my last and final visit to the Black Point Inn--with its beautiful pool overlooking the ocean, I had to listen to some young "woman" parade her "friends" around, boasting at the positioning of her "kitchen island", which was to stand exactly where the pool was--I was swimming in the pool at the time, and paying $450 + a night for the privilege. I was disgusted at her crass, thoughtless and unbecoming behaviour. She should be ashamed....check out the house that sits on that property now (where the pool WAS--you know who you are...!

Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

We had the good fortune of stumbling into the BPI. We only had one night and they had a nice room available when we arrived. We were told it was an 'Admiral' room - which I sense was not the best or the worst - but it suited us well. The linens were great, the room spotless and we had a superb water view.

Once we got in and settled we headed for the bar and ordered up a cold plate of shrimp, lobster, crab etc (for 2) and some champagne. We did not stay in for dinner, but the menu looked very nice and the dining room was pretty. Breakfast was included in the room and was delicious.

Service at the inn was quite good - a young, friendly staff that was very professional without being stuffy - very refreshing. Everyone we dealt with was pleasant and very accommodating. For one night away - this was perfect. We are not people that go to the same place every year - in fact its pretty rare - but I'd pick the BPI for a quick getaway anytime.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Black Point Inn Resort? Share your experiences!