As other travelers have noted, this once was a very beautiful, elegant, high brow, extraordinarily expensive, old inn. It is still a very beautiful, elegant, old inn. While it may have lost some of its amenities, it is now quite reasonably priced and retains its most valuable features: the view, the pristine beaches, and the wonderful dining rooms. If you want a relaxing, vacation in a spot with drop dead gorgeous views, a great restaurant, good amenities, and good service this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1878 and surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on three sides, with 18 holes of links golf, hiking and running trails (including an Oceanside Cliff Walk past the studio of renowned Prouts Neck painter Winslow Homer), literally miles of sandy beaches, tennis, a swimming pool and beach club, Black Point Inn is legendary for its location, guest facilities, and unpretentious downeast hospitality. Prepare to be captivated by the unhurried pace, gracious charm, and attentive service of Maine's most beautiful and historic oceanfront Inn and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Black Point Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Point Hotel Scarborough
- Black Point Scarborough
- Black Point Inn Resort Maine/Scarborough