First of all, the staff at this hotel needs to learn how to return phone calls. I'm not particularly comfortable leaving voice mail with reservations because of this reason, and that's if you can through to them. I called 3 times to talk to someone and whomever answered the phone kept picking it up and hanging up immediately after. I had an event at this hotel and could never get the event planner ont he phone, and when she did return my calls it was usually 2-3 days later, if at all. This hotel used to be one of the premier hotels in the US, but it has gone downhill fast, and unless something is done I'm afraid that they will close their doors for good because they will have no guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1878 and surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on three sides, with 18 holes of links golf, hiking and running trails (including an Oceanside Cliff Walk past the studio of renowned Prouts Neck painter Winslow Homer), literally miles of sandy beaches, tennis, a swimming pool and beach club, Black Point Inn is legendary for its location, guest facilities, and unpretentious downeast hospitality. Prepare to be captivated by the unhurried pace, gracious charm, and attentive service of Maine's most beautiful and historic oceanfront Inn and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Black Point Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Point Hotel Scarborough
- Black Point Scarborough
- Black Point Inn Resort Maine/Scarborough