The Inn is in a gem of a location and features one of the nicest seaside hikes anywhere. However, on my second visit in three years there were glaring disappointments. For starters, service charges and Maine tax will up your already-steep tariff nearly 25%. Be prepared. We had dim lightbulbs, a broken lamp, funky heating, including a dead unit in one room for all three chilly nights, and low shower pressure. My octogenarian parents, who love the Inn and brought us as a special treat, were not seated in the formal dining room once in three nights. It wasn't until we arrived that we were notified of special events scheduled for the Point Restaurant. We were seated several times in the inhospitable room between the formal and casual restaurants, and one morning froze without a fire in the fireplace. The flies were a constant nuisance although the waitstaff, to a person, was friendly. We were also displaced from the public areas on more than one occasion for a large bridal party who wanted the couches and fire. The chowder was tepid and the lobster mac and cheese had three bites of lobster. You'll pay extra for cappuccino and alcohol. Despite these grievances, the Black Point Inn is the only show in town and has the walk of a lifetime.
- Also Known As:
- Black Point Hotel Scarborough
- Black Point Hotel
- Black Point Scarborough
- Black Point Inn Resort Maine/Scarborough
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1878 and surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on three sides, with 18 holes of links golf, hiking and running trails (including an Oceanside Cliff Walk past the studio of renowned Prouts Neck painter Winslow Homer), literally miles of sandy beaches, tennis, a swimming pool and beach club, Black Point Inn is legendary for its location, guest facilities, and unpretentious downeast hospitality. Prepare to be captivated by the unhurried pace, gracious charm, and attentive service of Maine's most beautiful and historic oceanfront Inn and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Black Point Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.