First off, I would like to say I am not sure how this hotel has a four star review. I am assuming it is because of the location. My husband, baby, and I are part of the Marriott Rewards program so we are very familiar with the chain. At this specific location we were very upset once we left because of several different occurrences. I put our baby down to crawl a bit and before I knew it I found my baby girl with toenail or fingernail clippings in her hand as she was about to put them in her mouth. I know it is hard to get them picked up with the vacuum sometimes but I found a whole pile of them. We asked the front desk to have someone come in and vacuum. A nice woman came in and did so while we were in the bedroom. I felt much better until... we put our baby down again on the floor, she crawled over to something in the corner and was reaching for it. It was a piece of GLASS!! I wish I had the picture still. We feel so blessed that she didn't put that in her mouth.
We had our rooms switched and they gave us one night free ( very thankful for that). When we asked for a blanket for her crib it was stained - not a huge deal but it seemed worse because
of the things. The manager sent us a nice email back after two months ( because even though I called multiple times to follow up with him after our stay - he thought the issue had been resolved) and he said to tell him when we would be staying again. I let him know but he never followed up with why he wanted to know when we were staying again. I assume he was intending to give another night free of charge but it never happened. Overall a disheartening experience from cleanliness to lack of communication. Lovely people working there - they just might need some guidance on how to be more thorough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Portland/Scarborough hotel is the perfect place to lay your head when visiting the greater Portland Maine area. Our suites are designed to keep you comfortable and connected to all of the fun things to do in Portland, Maine. Whether you are here for business or pleasure or a fine mix of both, we can help you go exploring. Our luxury apartment hotel is conveniently located near Maine’s scenic beaches, breathtaking state parks, historic lighthouses, or destination shopping areas including World Famous Outfitter Cabela’s or Maine’s own L.L. Bean. For a truly unique experience, enjoy harness racing at Scarborough Downs or auto racing at Beechridge Motor Speedway. Our Portland/Scarborough hotel is just minutes away from Portland’s downtown district and historic old port area. Whether you are looking for a uniquely Maine dining experience or a national chain restaurant, there is something nearby to satisfy even the most selective palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Portland Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Hotel Scarborough
- Residence Inn Scarborough
- Scarborough Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Maine