“Stayed 10 minutes and Hit the Road” 2 of 5 stars

The Admiral Motel
549 U.S. Route 1, Scarborough, ME 04074   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
South Bend, Indiana
“Stayed 10 minutes and Hit the Road”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Checked in to find a dirty room that smelled terrible. The floors were worn and the bathroom had a slippery film on the surface. To our surprise, on the wall was a smashed cockroach. That was enough, so we went to the office to indicate we could not stay. The manager refused to refund any part of the stay and was not sympathetic. The pictures look clean but I would avoid this place and spend a few extra dollars for a nicer location in Portland. This is one to avoid--

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Saddle River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We always travel to Maine . This is the first time stayed at the Admiral motel very pleased with the price and comfort , all the rooms are at the ground level ,park right in front of the room.Very clean and quiet, little bit old but, great beds a sheets , friendly owners know the area well .
Very good restaurants around, would definitely stay there again .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clinton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We booked this Motel on line and we were extremely happy with our choice. This is a older small Motel that is perfect if your looking for a place that is Clean, quiet, affordable and centrally located to everything. The View is beautiful and the Owners take great pride in how clean the Motel is inside and out. They are very nice people who are always around the grounds. We were able to access several beaches, state parks, restaurants, attractions and Portland within minutes. We were on a Motorcycle and this location was Ideal for us as it was off the Road and easy to get in and out from. We will for sure book here again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Monson, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I have stayed at the Admiral a number of times over a few years. It is indeed a bit older, not fancy AND it is the price and the Very nice owners are what keep me coming back. They are located right next to Anjohn's restaurant which means they are just down the road from Pine Point public beach and Portland is maybe 20 minutes away. I basically spend my days either at the beach or in Portland so I wouldn't want to be spending a whole bunch of money for a room I basically just sleep in. If you are looking for a low cost, clean, quiet, decently located motel, the Admiral is just perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Parsonsfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights to take a little staycation away from home. Checked in around 5pm - had to ring the bell to get into office as the family who runs it actually lives in the attached house. Was in the room in minutes - Was given a room with 2 doubles rather than the queen I had booked. That was fine since I was alone. Room was VERY clean, beds comfy with good pillows. Small tube TV, microwave & refrigerator. Bathroom very clean as well with tub/shower combination. At checkin there were no air conditioners in any rooms - the weather for the next day was to be sweltering heat & humidity. I questioned the front desk & they told me that they were putting the AC in that day. When I arrived back from my day they were there. Thank you for the AC!! The place is older but they have really maintained the overall condition of the place. Rooms are spotless, management was available when needed but it was very quiet overall. The location is right on the marsh in Scarborough with nice, peaceful views. I would definitely stay here again when I am on a budget and don't feel the need to have an immense amount of amenities. For what I needed, this place was just fine.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
St. Marys, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

We had not planned to stop for the night yet but a terrible rain storm brought us in off the interstate to find shelter. The name brand chain hotel down the street was taking advantage of travelers pulling off the road to seek shelter...a room that normally would rent for around $100.00 a night was quoted with a AAA discount at $205.00 for the night...we said "no way" and headed down the street to this "mom and pop motel". We were quoted a price of $70.00 for the night and took it. I was soaking wet from running in and out of the other hotel and we were happy to have a shelter for the night. To our delight the room was spotless...fresh paint on the walls, very clean crisp sheets and plenty of good towels. For a older motor inn this property has been restored and was very nice for the price. We were also very pleased with the service we received from the man at the desk. He bent over backwards to accomodate us and help me get on his wireless internet...I never could get a strong enough signal from room six but I certainly appreciated his interest in helping me. In the morning as we were packing the car he came out and told us he had coffee made. I was impressed with the fact that during the rain storm the owner was out bringing his hanging flower baskets down to get a good watering from mother nature...it showed real pride in ownership! I would stay there again over the chain down the street at more than double the price. The mom and pop motels in Maine are very clean and nice and most have been restored to their original glory.

• Liked — very good price, very clean, excellent customer service, pride in ownership
  • Disliked — get internet to all the rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Admiral Motel? Share your experiences!