“Great property, clean and spacious rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
San Francisco, California
“Great property, clean and spacious rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Room was very clean, spacious, and contemporary. Bed was very comfortable. Kitchen and bathroom are very clean. Staff is friendly and caring. Complimentary breakfast is mostly good. Fitness center is very small.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kim_dennis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thanks for the nice review about our Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland, ME and taking the time to share it on Trip Advisor. Our Suitekeeping Team takes special pride in providing clean and comfortable suites for our guests and we are so glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. We will hope to see you soon when traveling again to our neigborhood.
Warmest Regards,
Kim Dennis, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

No reservation accuracy by hotel staff and billing rates are wrong. My stay was from 1/13 to 1/17 but because of flight cancellation I had to postpone my stay to 1/14 and I informed the hotel right at that time. The lady who attended call told me that the necessary changes have been made and put in the system. But I got a call from the hotel on 1/14 that "do i need to keep my stay or not" and when I told them about my conversation with the hotel staff te previous day, they told me that there is nothing showing up in the system like that. When I checked out than my bill also showed that I checked in on 1/13 at 8.55 which is a wrong information.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi saurav k,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us via TripAdvisor. We apologize for the miscommunication on our end and we have been in contact you earlier in the week to correct the mistake with your billing information. We are sorry for any hassle this has caused you and hope it had not tarnished your opinion of our hotel or brand. We strive to make every guest's stay a pleasant one and we were pleased that you felt that we responded quickly to making this right. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you are in the area.

Kim Dennis
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

After our flight out of Portland was cancelled due to weather, we returned to our son's home 2 hours away for the night, but when our next night's flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems, the airline put us up for the night in the Homewood Suites. We have enjoyed Homewood Suites in other cities previously so we viewed our delay as a special mini-vacation. We were not disappointed. The hotel is very clean and modern and our suite had a very comfortable bed and pillows. I love having the bedroom separate from the living and eating area which gives you much more of an at-home feeling. And the popcorn provided in the kitchen is an extra perk while watching TV!

During the week the hotel provides a light meal and drinks (including beer and wine) at the dinner hour, but because we were there on a weekend, that was not available. So we ate at a great sports bar/restaurant across the parking lot. The full breakfast bar in the morning starts early enough so we could eat and make our 8:00 flight without a problem.

We would recommend this property for a stay in Portland - with or without an airport delay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

What I love the most about Homewood Suites, is that I can take my dog. You also have all the comforts of home. I like having a separate living area from the bedroom with TV's in two areas. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful. The whole facility is clean. The location is wonderful. It's a short commute to Freeport or Kittery. It's worth commuting to these area's to stay at Homewood. The Christmas Tree shop is across the way, also a short distance to Cabela's and Walmart and the Maine Mall. When in Maine again, I will be back. This was my second trip to this location. The same man that was doing the breakfast buffet 2 years ago, was working again this time. So they must be good to there employee's too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We come for a long weekend of swimming and Cabelas every winter. Our family always has a great time and the hotel is super great with our medically fragile twins. The food is good and the rooms are well equipped

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
kim_dennis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hi lllmom05,

What a nice review you wrote about your visit here! It sounds like the twins enjoyed their swim in our indoor heated pool, and I hope you did, too! Thanks for your loyalty to our Homewood Suites by Hilton - Portland, ME, and please do stay with us again when you're planning a shopping trip to Cabela's; they are just a short drive from the hotel. Happy New Year!

Warmest Regards,
Kim Dennis, General Manager
South Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Myself and two daughter thoroughly enjoyed our three nights at this hotel. The rooms were clean and well equipped. The breakfast was amazing. The lobby and eating area had a real chalet feel to it. We were there in November, but they even had barbecues in the main square outside that guest could use. I would highly recommend the hotel and would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
kim_dennis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Wow! Thanks so much for the great review! you gave to our It sounds like you had a nice time while you and your family were guests at our Homewood Suites by Hilton - Portland, ME. Great memory...we do have BBQ grills that we use in the patio area during much warmer weather along with a basketball hoop, too. We hope to see you again soon!
Warmest Regards, Kim Dennis, General Manager
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was our first time at a Homewood Suites, which I found by googling microwave, fridge and Maine. The location was easy to find, just down the road from the Maine Mall. The kitchenette and bathroom have beautiful granite countertops. I liked the décor of the room, the bedroom was very pretty. I like having an upright fridge and a microwave and burners in the room, and we made use of them. The bed was comfortable, and the room was quiet. I liked the breakfast served in the morning, there was a lot of choice, and the food was good quality. I would definitely stay here again and am glad to recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland? Share your experiences!