“We had a very nice stay. We travel there every march with...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Saco

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Salem, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed in a King bedroom on the third floor. I was confused by the description of the review somewhere- either on the hotels.com website or the actual ramada website. I thought there was a fridge and microwave at least. But, it ended up being ok because there was a microwave in the lobby to use. There is a coffee maker in the room.
Bed was quite comfortable, I slept well. I liked that the windows opened a few inches, nice to get fresh air. Forced hot air heat, which I never like because it's drying, but, standard for most hotels.
The room was non-smoking, however, I think it smelled like someone must have been smoking in there and they used air freshener to try and cover it up, or, maybe it was coming through a vent somewhere? Regardless, I arrived close to midnight and was too tired to request another room.
Breakfast was nice with a number of options such as cereal, yogurt, bananas, pancakes, sausage, hard boiled eggs and a number of bread options. Coffee and tea are available all the time.
I did not use the shuttle or pool (wrong time of year).
Overall it was pretty quiet- you can hear the highway but it's more like white noise. I could hear people in the hallway from time to time.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Holliston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Good room.Clean.Friendly staff-I had hot water but my daughter who was down the hall did not.Temp in room was perfect.Nice to have breakfast.provided.Would stay there again and would recommend

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Blackstone, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed for one night at this hotel. I was in room 211.
The room - it was clean. It had a fridge and a microwave, which I paid $10 extra for. I also had a crib, also $10 additional. My son wouldn't sleep in the crib. He is 2.5 years old, and the crib was a bit flimsy and small for him. The toilet was a bit clogged, to the point that it filled to the rim before the water level went down. I told housekeeping and they sent someone right up, but he couldn't get it unclogged, so I told him to come back after I had checked out. The room was very warm, I didn't have to turn the heat on. Oh, I had no hot or even warm water when I went to take a shower in the morning. When I mentioned this at check out the clerk said other guests had also mentioned this, so they had turned it up. Great for the next guests, but really didn't help me much. He did apologize, in a very standard, rehearsed manner.

The hotel does offer a free continental breakfast. It is the standard items you find. Bagels, toast, scrambled/hard boiled eggs. Cereal, oatmeal, coffee, tea, juice, milk. Nothing above and beyond.

This hotel does allow pets. When I was leaving the hotel there was a dog standing in front of the door, not on a leash. I think the owner was at the front desk. The owner didn't call the dog, or say anything to me, like, oh don't worry hes friendly. So I made my way past the dog, hoping also that it didn't run out when I opened the door.

This hotel is off the highway, so you have to get back on the highway to go anywhere. There is another entrance off North St, but these two access points don't merge so if you come in off the highway you need to leave that way. If you come in off North St, you must leave by North St. I didn't like this. I was able to drive around the hotel on Saturday afternoon, but when I went to do that on Sunday it was blocked by a padlocked gate. Maybe since its the off season they do this, and maybe there is access during the summer. I don't know. Just something I found annoying.

So would I stay here again, I think that I would, it was a clean, affordable hotel. I just wish I had been able to take a hot shower, and flush the toilet without worrying about it overflowing, if I had been staying more than one night, these things would have been bigger issues.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area? Share your experiences!