“Went twice in 3 days...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Saco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Takeout
Brockton, Massachusetts
“Went twice in 3 days...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Loved loved and loved the stuffed lobster. I got that the first time and was so in love that I went back two days later. I decided to get the lobster, steamers, corn combo. I wish I just got the stuffed lobster again but still enjoyed my seafood.

I found this place by reading reviews when I was at a local waterpark and happy I did.

Why I gave it 4 stars and not 5, is really because of the price. While I think the stuff lobster was worth every penny $20, I did not think the seafood combo w/1lb lobster, corn and a handful of steamers was worth $25/$26. The price of lobster is cheap for the most part and I just felt a tad disappointed by that.

Make sure you tip the folks delivering your food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Depew,Ny
“Don't listen to bad comments from picky people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is your usual lobster pound set-up. Order at window and waitress will bring to you. some inside seating and screened in outside area with fireplace for cool nights. Now, if you are tired of plain boiled or steamed lobster, this is the place!!! Stuffed lobster with ritz-cracker crumbs, butter, crab and scallops!!! I am allergic to scallops so, because they make every order from scratch, they could leave out the scallops and give me extra crab! It was the best meal of my whole vacation. They also have many other choices for non-seafood lovers that the other"pounds" don't have lie, ribs, steaks, chicken,burgers etc. This restaurant has been open about 40 yrs, the decor is dated but who cares, the food is great, wait staff friendly, who needs more!

Visited August 2013
Raymond, Maine
“Great local seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Fresh lobster right out of the Atlantic caught that morning. Have never had a bad meal here. The shrimp cocktail is a meal in itself and fresh. No stinky fish smell when you walk in The Lobster Claw and Pound & Restaurant. That tells me that the seafood is fresh and sweet right out of the sea and I am picky about my fish. Coming from the Pacific Northwest where all is abundant and fresh daily except lobster. LOL. Variety for all the family. Chowder, salads and of course the double lobster plate. Whew that is a big one too! Great place, give it a try if you are in or near Old Orchard Beach.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plainville, Connecticut
“Best seafood in Maine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Another long weekend to old orchard beach and another stop at The Lobster Claw...love this place! The food is excellent, love the service, owners came out and talked to customers! That doesn't happen in many places anymore. It's a must stop any time we go to Maine!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
boston
“Confusing, mediocre tourist trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Wanted very much to like this place, but found the indoor dining room a confused scene and the food mediocre. Steamers near the ocean should be great, not dry snd stringy. The payment system and tip-before-you-eat push is weird.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RRC C, Owner at Lobster Claw Pound & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Sorry your visit was confusing. We have been doing business this way since 1968 and serve several 100 people a day. We are just a small Mom, Pop and Son restaurant dating 3 generations. We serve only fresh local seafood and if the clams were sandy its probably because they are not processed. We do give a cup of broth for the purpose of rinsing Tipping is not even required but our wait staff works at a wait wage and if you would like to place the tip on your credit card. it needs to be processed during the actual transaction.