“My 12 year old son and I had a blast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Activities in Saco
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Monkey Trunks offers fun for children, adults and families! Participants begin with ground school and receive safety instructions on how to navigate through the course. They then move on to the green course to demonstrate they have the ability to properly use their equipment. After completing these two stages, participants will progress through the levels - each level becomes progressively more challenging! Monkey Trunks courses feature ziplines, swinging beams, tightropes, rolling logs, hanging tires, cargo nets and more! Each Monkey Trunks location includes a children's course for the littlest of monkeys, with platforms no more than 6' off the ground. The children's courses include 6-8 challenges with an 80' zipline at the finish. Reservations are encouraged and can be made anytime online or by phone.
Boston, MA
4 attraction reviews
“My 12 year old son and I had a blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My 12 year old son and I went to Monkey Trunks in Maine after reading a review in the Boston Globe. We had a fantastic time. After a briefing session, which includes a video and hands on instruction, we were left on our own to explor the obstacle courses. The challenges ranged in level from one (easy) to three (impossible for me, but my son did a few). The staff were beyond helpful and knowledgeable. They were always around if we had a question or wanted to ask the easiest way to get through a course. We were there for three hours and my arm muscles are telling me they had quite the workout! The zip lines were fun too. You won't be disappointed at Monkey Trunks in Saco/Old Orchard Beach, Maine.

Visited October 2011

Boston, MA
29 attraction reviews
“They allow even shorter kids on. Ask questions about the challenges.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

They do not tell you all of the challenges available so we almost missed the second zip line. There should be a map explaining the different challenges on the ground.

Pros: We were very excited to find out that this place allowed even the most "height challenged" (re: short) children onto the ropes. My husband and 8 year old had a great time climbing the ropes. Monkey Trunks has three levels of the challenge and each level is higher and harder, so they stayed mostly to the first and second levels because that is where my son was most comfortable. The third level was mostly teenagers and adults. On the second level they have a swing which my husband said was even better than the zip line. There are two zip lines: a short one that goes off from the first level and a long high one that goes off from the third level. Both zip lines can be accessed from stairs, no need to do ropes to get to them. They both had a great time at Monkey Trunks and thought it was very well run. We'd go again.

Cons: Very expensive $60 for two hours. There are not many spotters on the ropes so expect to have to figure things out yourself or ask a lot of questions when you get to a spotter. Don't expect them to help you, you have to be able to figure out most challenges yourself. Also they do not require any adults to accompany young children. There was a birthday party group of seven kids with 1 adult going up the ropes when we were there. The kids must have been about 5 to 6 years old and could not figure the complicated ropes once they got up. The adults on the ground were upset that there were not spotters going up with their kids. Monkey Trunks should have explained the lack of supervision to the parents better or even better they should require a minimum of 1 adult per 2-3 children. Most of the challenges are just too complicated for such young children without a parent. The kids were always very safe and clipped in but they could only figure out one or two challenges on their own.

Visited July 2011

Been to Monkey Trunks? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Monkey Trunks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.