“Had better service in a garage bar” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Saco
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: The Run of the Mill is an English Style Brew Pub. We offer 7 beers at a time and rotate those between the 25 different varieties that we offer. Our menu includes traditional meals such as Fish and Chips, Pot Roast and Bangers and Mashed Potatoes. We offer daily specials and non-traditional fare, including many steak, fish and even vegetarian options. The Run of the Mill is family and local oriented and we strive to use local farmers, bakers and fishermen. In addition to great food, great beer and a full bar, we have live music Thursdays, Saturdays and Sunday afternoons at 4pm, as well as an open mic night on Tuesdays. Music starts at 8pm and goes till 11pm. We offer a large deck over looking the beautiful Saco River, a separate outside menu including incredible Fish Tacos and some great Grilled Pizzas.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Had better service in a garage bar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very disappointed. Will not go back... No manager was avaible when I asked to speak to one. The bar tender was very rude and did not seem to care about his customers.. I do not know what kind of people you have working for you, but I assure you, I will never give this place as a recommendation, or speak highly of it again. This was my 3rd bad experience their all at different times. It seems to be a trend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boston, MA
“Fantastic Beer, mediocre everything else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Trust me, go here for the beer alone. Don't go for the service or the food, because both are pretty lackluster. I went here with a friend; he got a wrap with fries and I got buffalo fingers with fries. We waited a good amount of time and then the server informed us his order just never went through for some reason. So we waited some more and got our food, but I didn't have fries, so had to wait a while longer. Lots of waiting for food that is your basic so-so pub grub.

But the beer, PHENOMENAL. Great selection on hand and always a selection on cask. The best part is that they offer a flat, cheap price for all of their beers. You can even get a flight of 7 beers for a reasonable cost. I recommend whatever they have on cask or any of their stouts. Wonderful, delicious stuff. Fill up at home or somewhere else, then come here to bask in the delicious brews.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saco, Maine
“Good Variety of Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I like everything about this place. The food is excellent, the beer is good and they have an excellent variety of beer from which to choose. You won't leave hungry, and if you leave thirsty it's because you didn't try enough of the beers they have.

Visited October 2012
Cape Porpoise, Maine
“GREAT BEER SELECTION & CALAMARI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

LOVE their beer selection...especially the "guest tap". The beer "sampler" is very generous and really helps with selecting from all of their great beers.

We thought their Fried Calamari was the best we've had yet. Pasta dishes are great. The Fish & Chips are delicious too.

We love the atmosphere and theme of the place. We look forward to visiting in summer and enjoying the deck.

Lastly, I really appreciate their participation with the discount services (Groupon, Living Social, etc)...that REALLY helps folks discover new places!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Would not go back (Saturday march 23rd 1230-2 pm”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was in their this past weekend with my girl friend. We sat at the bar for lunch and a few drinks. We were one of about 10 people sitting at the bar, and not the only one that had problems with a bartender who looks and acted liked he did not care. He was very rude to use, and did not greet us, and asked us " What we wanted and hurry up because I am busy". First of all this was not a good start to our drinks and meal. He was very rude to a few older women next to us and you could see in their faces that they were very disappointed at his rude approach to them as well.. The food was good as normal, but having such a bad experience like this with a rude and unprofessional bartender ensures that I will not be back, and I will be sure to tell others about it. The icing on the cake is that when I confronted the bartender to see a manager, he said one was not available and walked away. I was very disappointed, and hope that someone addresses this issue, but if not you can be sure that i will pass this one to everyone that I can that ask for a recommendation, and considering that I work with alot of tourists in the busy season, you will not be on the top of the recommendation list.

Thanks for such exceptional service... NOT

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Run of the Mill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Run of the Mill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.