“I'll agree with "Awesome"!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Bismarck, North Dakota
“I'll agree with "Awesome"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stopped at this Diner for breakfast after recommendation from our Blue Iris Motel owner. The "vintage" décor inside is so cute - just loved it. Food is delicious, home-style cooking - low prices and huge portions. A great find!! Got some whoopie pies for the road and they were great too! A must stop!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rumford, Maine
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stopped by the route 2 diner for a breakfast with my friend. I loved it! I highly recommend the "Big Rig Breakfast". For only $9.99 I got 3 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage patties, hash, home fries, 2 pieces of toast and a pancake. It really fills you up!!! Their chicken finger dinners are great and so is just about everything on their menu. Go to the Route 2 Diner!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing breakfasts, whoopie pies, and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for some breakfast and left really happy. We tried the lobster omelette with holandaise on it and we were shocked at just how much lobster they put in it for how affordable it was! The house-made corned beef hash was delicious and fried just right, but the portion was kinda small for the $5 price. I would've still been hungry if I hadn't ordered eggs and toast with it. The o'briens were fine just right and the $1 pumpkin whoopie pie was to die for. The atmosphere wasn't anything spectacular (the restrooms are located right in the middle of the dining area!) but we were coming for the food and we left stuffed and happy for under $15. Nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, Vermont
“A great diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Housed in a somewhat nondescript building along Route 2, the kitschy wall decor of hanging vintage kitchen utensils with matching curtains doesn't really let you know how great the food's going to be. We stumbled upon the place last year on our annual pilgrimage way up the coast of Maine. Route 2 Diner had just opened at that point and the food was delicious.

This year, we made it a priority to eat at the diner, skipping other mediocre options along the way. It was worth it! The one waitress was managing a full room of diners with seeming ease and skill---she was also responsible for ringing people up, too. She was great. I had an exceptionally delicious haddock burger with coleslaw added right to the sandwich and a side of onion rings. My other half went for a breakfast theme and was very happy with the eggs, pancake, and real homefries.

Although I always make my own bread, I opted to purchase a loaf right there since we were on the way home to an empty frig. Good decision! The bread was perfect.

We don't travel that way often, but will make sure that we include the Route 2 Diner when we do. FYI---it's closed on Tuesdays.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A yummy classic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The epitome of an old style, side of the road, diner. Cute & quaint. The same woman seated us, served us & cooked :) super-fresh -perfectly made bison burger & fried-to-perfection fish. The hand-cut fries are just like mom's.

• Visited August 2013