“Beautiful views” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Beautiful views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the second time while in the area for business. The views from the rooms are spectacular and the area is a hidden treasure to visit. The inn is owned by a family(I think). I recommend not arriving in the evening as the (grandmother) is working the front desk at this point and it takes quite a bit of time to checkin. My only other complaint would be the front desk is not occupied very late so if you have any issues (locked yourself out) you have to call several #s posted on the door. I do give the staff credit when I did call they were there within 5 minutes to let me in. There is no breakfast, only coffee, and the supplied cups are very small, bring your own. They have a heated pool and you can walk down to the water from the inn. I really recommend this over some of the other options in the area. Price is great and it has 5 star views. The rooms are very clean, beds aren't the greatest, but again you can't beat the view you wake up to from it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Newmarket, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights during Labor Day weekend. The Inn itself is immaculate, but the gardens and lawns made our stay wonderful. It was so nice to be able to walk around the property and look at the garden beds and the wildflowers. When it was time to leave I wished that I had spent more time down at the beach area. The bed was very comfortable, and overall it was quiet even though it seemed like they were full. The pool was warm and clean. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I spent quite a bit of time pouring over reviews on Trip Advisor to find the right place for a couple of nights in the Camden area. The reviews and photos of Strawberry Hill, plus the very reasonable pricing, kept pulling me back. We found it to be a perfect place for our visit to the area. What no one has mentioned, is how "bird friendly" the property is, and since I am a birder, that was an added bonus. The unmowed area filled with wildflowers attracts many birds, and their full birdfeeders attracts even more birds. Rooms are supplied with binoculars for birding, and viewing boats going by.

The rooms are very comfortable, and decorated in a seaside theme, and feels like staying in a private condo, rather than a fairly large inn. Our room, Room 111, was perfect for us, since my husband was not able to do a lot of walking, or toting bags up or down stairs. Our room was on the parking lot level, and was on the second floor of the unit. We enjoyed our balcony and view.

The location is extremely convenient for exploring the Rockland, Rockport, Camden area. We will recommend this inn to all of our friends. We spent most of our days on the go, but would have loved to have spent another couple of days relaxing on the property.

Wasthington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved our stay at Strawberry Hill. The view from our second floor room of the bay and property down to the water was outstanding. The landscaping was impeccable and we loved all the colors and varieties of flowers. The room was comfortable and we enjoyed the little deck off from it with chairs and a table. The pool was lovely - we had it to ourselves and the surrounding gardens made it even more special. We enjoyed the chairs down near the beach one morning with our coffee and donuts from a local bakery. Wish we could have had a few more days there....
There isn't a breakfast offered - just coffee and tea - but there are many options in the nearby towns. Would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Go for the 2nd floor! Better view of the bay!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel has absolutely beautiful grounds and a stunning view of a cove.The rooms are very well decorated. I stayed 5 days and had the cooperation of excellent weather, sunny and low humidity. The view of the cove is enhanced by the binoculars that are in every room. While I was there a couple of schooners anchored overnight, The staff was very friendly and helpful, I was able to use their computer to resolve a problem with my return flight. They have free coffee in the morning. I enjoyed drinking it while sitting in a chair on the terrace looking at the cove.
They have no restaurants on the site, but within a few minutes drive there are several.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Green Mountain Falls, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place was the nicest, most relaxing hotel that I have ever stayed and I have stayed at a lot of hotels. The decor and landscaping is beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and the room was immaculate! It was raining the next morngin and the view of the fog over the water was breathtaking. I only wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Choose a king room, it's gorgeous!
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Comfortable, clean, but the best thing are the views. Stayed at Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn on a trip north to Canada. The room was quiet, clean, with a very comfortable bed. This is the sister place of the Island View where I usually stay and the quality is about the same. This is a very consistently beautiful, comfortable, affordable choice for Rockport. The hotel has a heated pool with a view of the bay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!