“25th Anniversary Dinner” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Green Mountain Falls, Colorado
“25th Anniversary Dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a good seafood dinner for our anniversary. A clerk at the local grocery store recommeded Primos, In Good Company and the Offshore Restaurant. We saw the sign at the Offshore Restaurant advertising Prime Rib and Lobster. Perfect, so we thought. Our first clue to leave should have been when I asked the waitress what kind of Chardonnay they had and she proudly announced Franzia! For those of you who drink wine, you will know that Franzia is from a box. I asked what else they has and she recommended the Malbec so I ordered it and it was awful. Come to fine out, Prime Rib is only served on Friday and Saturday and this was Tuesday so my husband just ordered lobster and I ordered Shrimp Scampi. My husband said the lobster was OK. I took one look at the scampi and cringed. It looked like it came out of a frozen bag of shrimpies. I took one bite, told my husband to take a bite and we both just glared at each other. I excused myself to the restroom where I went in and cried my eyes out for 10 minutes. This was supposed to be our anniversary dinner and it was so disappointing. It may be a good place for families but definitely not for a couple's anniversary. My husband, being the gracious man he is, paid the bill and we ended up at In Good Company, which turned out not only to have great food but they had an awesome wine list. I guess we should have went there first.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Very old place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

When the server recommends only the fried food, it usually means the seafood is not fresh. I ordered the fried clams and they were actually excellent -- not greasy and very tender. My husband's fried haddock sandwich was not so good. The place is OLD. There were very few people in the place. I sent my wine back (it tasted like a screw-top that had been open for too long). The lobster festival was the following weekend -- sorry we couldn't go to that for real seafood!

Visited July 2013
MetroWest, Ma.
“Happily Surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

From the outside, this place doesn't look like much. A classic example of looks being deceiving! Great food, great cocktails and none of the "tourist trap" prices!

Visited June 2013
Cornish, Maine, United States
“Never got served”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were seated in a timely manner, however, we waited and waited and waited for our waitress who had said she would be right back. In the meantime other customers were being seated . We waited a few more minutes when she went right to customers who came in a full 10 minutes after us. She brought them all water , as they had decided to go with the salad bar , she told them to go ahead and help themselves. We waited and saw her go to them again with bread and drinks. We decided that if we weren't important to them then they didn't need our money. We left and found a wonderful restaurant in Lincolnville.

Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Avereage dinner but good salad bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We ate dinner at the Offshore while vacationing in the area. The staff was great, the salad bar was good but the meals were just average. The bread and breaded zucchini appetizer were very good. The sauteed shrimp was OK, just tasteless and overcooked. The dessert menu looked good, but we did not try any because it was late in the evening. I wouldn't bother stopping here for dinner again, but willing to try breakfast sometime.

• Visited June 2013