My wife, son and I went to the Samoset Resort for a little Christmas Eve getaway to the Camden, Maine area. We had low expectations and we were just looking to relax in the pool, eat well and do some post Xmas shopping. Nearly everything was closed in the area on Xmas day so the hotel was our only option for eating. We were so pleasantly surprised at this older, but well cared for resort. The front lobby was welcoming with festive decorations and the architecture and design were contemporary and woodsie. The restaurant is excellent - contemporary boutique styling, a separate main dining area with a full menu and a more casual bar and lounge area with the option of casual food or the full menu. Very tasty food. Typically "resort" restaurants conjure up clubbiness but this restaurant felt contemporary, fun and comfortable. The pool and health club were very nice - clean, modern and spacious. Our room was very nicely appointed with nice beds and pillows. The 2 mile walk out to the lighthouse was a great diversion before breakfast. Considering how inexpensive our room was in Winter, we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay here - it was easy to entertain ourselves. It was also the perfect place to operate out of for our excursions to Camden and Lincoln. Way better than a motor-in, chain hotel or in-town hotel with few amenities. The Samoset Resort will please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockport, ME resort and golf course located on the coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Samoset Resort On The Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Maine/Rockport