“Definitely has potential” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
warren, me
“Definitely has potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

As someone from the local area, I would def agree that we need a place that doesn't close down at 8:00 and Fog seems to filling that need, however I would say there's room for improvement.People def go there to see and be seen.

Service: One word to describe the service is- efficient. we were seated right away ( on a busy weds evening after going to see Les Mis) water and drink orders followed close behind. we had 2 different servers attend to the table, neither one could be described as friendly (unless you were obviously a friend, as we noticed later on) and smiles were in short supply but they were efficient and got the job done.

Atmosphere: going for an urban cool vibe. i would say it's not bad but chilly, esp. if you sit on a metal chair by the door. believe it or not you can write w/ chalk on the bathroom walls and there was more than one comment to that effect. the black and white movies playing on the far wall in the back is a cool concept, we just weren't sitting close enough to really enjoy it.

Drinks: i think beer is the way to go here...large selection on tap. cocktails need some work, but i think we're spoiled by a place in camden.

Food: interesting menu, i would describe as classic dishes with a twist, i.e. duck nachos- which others described also. i love duck so i ordered that and a side of butternut squash spatzle to try a variety, my husband ordered the beer mac and cheese. others in our party ordered the creamy french onion soup and a burger. the nachos had good flavor but were very greasy, kinda swimming in grease on the plate- i would like to try the homemade chips (potato) on their own. mac and cheese was decent, needs texture and more seasoning, soup and burger were good.
we tried the stout cake w/ bacon ice cream (how could we not?!)- again there's potential but the ice cream came as kinda a soupy mess (which the server actually commented on) and the cake was dry

so all in all it was kind of a mixed experience. would we go back? perhaps if we went to the Strand to see a movie and wanted a place to go after. We have so many great options in this area for food, that to put this in our rotation for dinner out is unlikely at this point, unless there's a bit of improvement. but we like to support local businesses so we hope it can work out the bugs.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Rockport
“New Bar/Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you are a late eater, we are lucky to have this in our area. They make their own chips, have a great beer selection and food.

Try it... you'll like it!

Visited December 2012
Portland, Maine, United States
“Bacon OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Save room for dessert...Bacon ice cream with chocolate stout cake-OMG delicious. Very happy to see fried green tomatoes with brown sugar bacon-a very interesting and complex delivery of flavors and textures. The Duck Nachos were a unique combination of duck confit, with pomegranate onion marmalade and cheese, served on house made potato chips was absolutely a fantastic combination and made me realize how mundane regular old nachos have become. From duck wings to entrees of marinated hanger steak with crazy good mashed potatoes, the all natural beef burger with bacon jam and chicken fried skate with andouille and a ginger beer reduction, it was all delicious and a real treat to the taste buds. The beers and wines are top notch. This is the new hot spot in Rockland. It is a must-go!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camden, Maine
“confusing flavors nice waitstaff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

started with the mac cheese good flavor but ice cold the rabbit rolls just not a good flavor combo, the spaetzle was amazing, great flavor,the duck nachos very interesting flavors but didn't work for me,the saving grace were the desserts very nice presentation and tasty, loved the donut and the panna cotta the one thing they really have going is the waitstaff super friendly and very interested in the food,i will go back when they are open longer and get the bugs worked out of the menu,I like the city like casual vibe thats going on

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Owls Head, Maine
“Great drink selection.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My finance and I went there last night just for a drink before we were going to eat dinner. We are on a limited going out budget so we were a little cautious when ordering. We both got a draft beer. The bartender Mike and I think Shane were great. Mike was very knowledgeable of the beers that he had on tap and found my fiance and I the perfect beer for our tastes. I paid $8 for my beer but the beer was huge and I believe it had like 9% alcohol in it, I should have listened to Mike and stopped at one. We got a little hungry so we ordered the pumpkin seeds, a nice change from pretzles or chips. Than we pretty much decided to eat dinner there instead of going somewhere else. We had the burger (to die for) and the beer mac and cheese (YUMMY). We met some nice people at the bar and it was a great change from your normal kind of bar. There were no TV's which I liked cause you actually talked to the people you were with and met some new faces from the town.
We will def. be back and I can't wait to try more. Not sure how much though because there menu is so unique, but I love the beer and drink menu.

• Visited November 2012