“Quite good in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Greek, Portuguese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
USA
“Quite good in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I showed up early for our reservation and sat on the deck at happy hour. My wife enjoyed her wine and I had a $2 PBR !! We loaded up on very sweet $2 clams on the half shell. A treat as Maine is oyster crazy. Our waitress was very nice and engaging. We then moved to a window table inside. There are lots of window tables. As we had loaded up on clams we chose lighter fare. My wife had scallops and I had shrimp scampi. Both got high marks and my wife explained to me that scallops are very difficult to prepare properly. All-in-all a very nice experience. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kennebunks, Maine
“Clam chowder was aweful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

1st trip to Rockland and stopped in Pearl for lunch. Location is great but spent $80 on 4 beers, two appetizers and clam chowder. Clam chowder had no clams or potatoes and was a salty creamy mess. This is supposed to be awards winning chowder. Not sure who was voting but canned chowder tastes better. This was very disappointing.

Visited July 2014
“Over priced for small dishes. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Found this cute little place in a meal
book and since a star from chopped ( a show watched very often in our family) took it over we thought we'd give it a try. It has a very nice view of the ocean and it's really cute inside. However, we all got appetizers which were very small for the price. But, you do have to take the amount of preparation into consideration. But still, $16 for two peppers... Yikes. Our main meals were delicious. I had the NY strip which was very yummy. Very good food but some high prices

Preston, Connecticut
“I'm in love...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

What a beautiful dining experience! Not only is the food beyond amazing, the view is quintessential Maine and then it's all wrapped up in the approachability and loveliness of executive chef Michele Ragussis. She is the anchor that allows this restaurant to sail with winning food and comfortable digs.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jefferson, Maine
“Rev. & Wife”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We read the reviews about the Pearl & wen't there on a week-day. If you wish to have a drink evening it's a good place. Our 23 year old son had a Clam Chowder that was great. The swordfish dinner I had was in a word (poor). My wife had the scollop dinner and she liked it very much. The service was at best Average.
My wife and I used to eat at this restaurant quite regularly when it was called THE BLACK PEARL. The present PEARL is very over priced & is not as consistent as when it was the Black Pearl.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere