“Amazing food. The king lobster club is to die for.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Amazing food. The king lobster club is to die for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

After the Ferry ride to Vinelhaven, my husband and I were hungry and walked the streets looking for a restaurant. We found the brass compass and decided to give it a try. Apparently they hosted a bobby flay throw down with the king lobster club so we had to try it. After a nearby table ordered it and we saw the size of this monstrosity, we decided to split it. When the sandwich arrived, I couldn't believe the amount of lobster they packed into this sandwich. Neither of us could take a full bite. The taste was amazing and filled us both up. One thing to watch is the time. This place is only open for breakfast and lunch. So the atmosphere is nothing to be desired and has a breakfast/diner feel. But conversely some of the best lobster we had in maine... A+

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Thomaston, Maine
“favorite lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

great spot to have lunch weather its with a special someone or the kids or the whole family. breakfast is pretty good too.

• Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lobster Club & Rolls to Due For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had read all about the famous lobster club, the Throwdown, etc., and was on my way to Camden for the weekend... so I had to stop. The Lobster Club is absolutely to die for. When the waitress brought it to the table, I started laughing it was so big. Somehow I ate the entire thing because basically I couldn't stop eating it. The lobster salad is so fresh and tender it melts in your mouth.. and the homemade bread, bacon, fresh tomatoes and lettuce round it out like no other sandwich I've ever had. After I finished it, the waitress actually asked me if I'd like to look at the pie menu... LOL... which of course I did. But that's it... I looked.

On my way home on Sunday, I stopped again... went for the roll this time instead of the club. Again, it was delicious. Perfectly toasted hotdog roll with buttery taste... and the creamy tender lobster salad. I wish I lived closer... would be a regular without a doubt. If you're in Rockland or passing through, stop and try either. You'll be glad you did!

• Visited September 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
“Lobster club is a must have.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

By far one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. The price was high. But it's big enough for two. We told our waitress we were splitting it and she was nice enough to have half of the sandwich with a handful of fries on two plates. The bottom half is a BLT with the top half being lobster. The clam chowder had no flavor and ended up being sent back. It must have been a fluke because there was just milk and clams. No seasoning no other ingredients at all. The table was held together by zebra pattern duct tape and it rocked. That is why it only got four stars.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Lobster Club sandwich is a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We returned this summer July 2012 for the 2nd year in a row to this delightful restaurant in Rockland. it is located just a block down from the Rockland Museum of Art. They serve excellent seafood and other kinds of lunch items and bake their own yummy desserts. They won the Bobby Flay throwdown for best lobster club sandwich. When my husband was served the club sandwich the man at the next table who had just been seated said "I want that!" You can eat indoors or on a patio on either side of the restaurant. This year it was a rainy weekday so we tried to start eating on the patio, but moved indoors with the help of our delightful waitress as the rain came down hard. I look forward to going back again.

• Visited July 2012