“Is there a word better than Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Rangeley Saddleback Inn
2303 Main Street, US RT 4, Rangeley, ME 04970   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rangeley
Long Island City, New York
“Is there a word better than Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

A few of us came up from NY for a mid-week snowmobile trip, we spent 4 nights and had a great time, the area is a meca to the sport of snowmobiling......the very clean adjoining rooms, awesome view, great restaurant and overall appearance were all incredible....and who doesn't love an indoor heated pool with a hot tub 10 feet away.....One of the best things about this place is the staff, Paula is great and knowledgeable......they were also lucky enough to recently (3 days before we arrived) acquire Zac who was the true meaning of hospitable!!!! As great as the grounds and accommodations were, what makes this place the gem that it is, it's the Staff!!!! Thank You Paula and Zac.........See you next year.......Russ, Billy and Chris from NY

Room Tip: Our rooms near the office make the morning coffee and bagels so simple.....
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Conway, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Took Jan. 31st throught Feb. 7th to snowmobile in the Rangeley area. This hotel was clean and perfectly located for hitting the trails. Short scoot to the downtown gas station and by sled or car. The rooms were clean and the staff were very helpful. Pauline at the desk was exceptional - and was very helpful. I would certainly return for another visit - perfect place to ride to also is your coming by sled because it's right off the interstate 89 trail.

Room Tip: Perfect Place to ride to by sled - I had room on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Spent weekend at Saddleback Inn and the this place was awesome. I would like to thank Paula at the front desk for her friendly attitude and really made us feel at home. The bar attached to the Inn was excellent as well. Very possibly the best buffalo chicken sandwich I have had in a long time. The gentleman that runs the bar is a great guy and his staff were very kind. We had a great time in Rangeley. Enjoyed the snowmobiling, the views and mostly...the people. Thanks again Paula, we will be back soon! ps. Thanks for the hot coffee in the office when those temperatures were below zero.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lewiston, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed at the Rangeley Saddleback Inn on several occasions. The rooms are always immaculate & the staff is always willing to help with anything, including basic hygiene items they keep in the office in case you forget something! The new restaurant that just opened that is attached to the hotel is wonderful! Great food, reasonable prices. My friends with children love swimming in the pool and using the hot tub as well. Great place to stay whether you have children or not!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have a better view if that is what you are looking for!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
North Reading, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband, my daughter, and I spent a few days here in early January. We LOVE Rangeley and go there from time to time to visit, its beautiful, but life had gotten crazy and we hadnt made it up in a while. We had originaly had a room down the street, but upon checking in there we were less than impressed for the price that we had paid plus my daughter has allergies and she started sneezing the second we walked in to the room. We then made a phone call to the Rangeley saddleback inn, which we hadnt yet stayed at since being remodeled, I spoke with a woman named Paula who told me to come on up and she would figure something out! upon arriving i told her about my concerns from the last hotel and she put everything she was doing on hold, and said "let me give you a tour, that way before you rent it, you can really see i you like it " can i just say WOW that place is amazing! After she showed me the room I knew i wanted it, but she wanted to make sure i saw everything! They have a beautiful indoor saltwater pool and gorgeous hot tub! Even though its a pretty large pool you still get a "homey" feel from being in there because they have a fireplace and tables and chairs and a big stuffed fish on the wall! The rooms were totally immaculate! My husband was off with the car exploring and i walked into the offie and asked paula if she knew where the nearest place to get benedryl was she again stopped what she was doing and dug through boxes upon boxes trying to find some for my daughter, and when she couldnt she volunteered to drive us to the store to get some!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!!! so glad we somehow ended up at the Rangeley Saddleback inn and from now on out, it will be the only place we stay while in Rangeley!!! Awesome restaurant on site! awesome staff! awesome view of lake/sunsets/ sunrises!! Paula also informed me next time i can even bring my dog, because they are pet friendly!!!!!! Sorry for the run-on everyone I'm just so excited i found this place and wanted to share!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids that love the pool and hot tub request a room closer to pool just because its a mot...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Maine, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very nicely remodeled motel with friendly and helpful staff. clean, pleasant and with amazing lake and sky views close to town, this motel offers all we needed for a relaxing and invigorating weekend. Price is appropriate and they are pet-friendly--a wonderful bonus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while in town for business. To my delight, it also turned into a relaxing and pleasurable weekend, in large part due to the spectacular mountain-top views and the extremely knowledgeable, friendly staff! Kevin and Paula went out of their way to make our stay fantastic!

I would recommend this Inn to anyone visiting the area, for business or pleasure. The sunsets are breath taking and the amenities are well suited to a comfortable stay for singles, couples or families.

Only downside of staying for business is that the wi-fi does not work the further away you go from the center of the hotel, where the office and main router is located. We ended up buying a router from Wal-Mart in Farmington in order to get wi-fi in our room. Bring your own if planning to stay here on business or request a room close to the center.

If staying for pleasure, be sure to bring a bathing suit, regardless of time of year. The swimming pool is great and the hot tub is delightful on a Winter night. Also, be sure to request a room on the second floor if you can - it will give you an un obstructive view of the gorgeous sunsets.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Rangeley Saddleback Inn? Share your experiences!