“Excellent Quilter's Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

10% off 5+ night stays
Ranked #2 of 9 Rangeley B&B and Inns
“Excellent Quilter's Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What a wonderful Inn. Stayed for 4 nights for Quilter's Retreat. Everything was excellent. Everything was perfect. I would recommend anyone going to the Rangely Area to stay at the Inn. You won't be disappointed. Everyone was friendly and knowledge. The owner was onsite and very helpful and frendly. I can't think of anything that could have made it better. Thanks again. See you next year or maybe before.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent a couple of midweek days here. It was a beautiful property. I stayed in the main house, not the motel rooms in the back. The room was cute, like staying at Grandmas house. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was lovely. Throughout the rooms were amazing old photos of the lodge and Saddleback. It was very enjoyable to stroll around and just look.

The main entrance was grand and the restaurant looked great. However, the restaurant is only open Thursday-Sunday, the fire was not lit in the main room and it was VERY quiet. (So quiet that I was greeted by name when the front desk clerk saw me walk in.) The staff was very friendly, and offered suggestions on places to snowshoe simply because I was looking at a trail map.

The continental breakfast was sub-par except for the quiche, which was delicious. I thought I would break a tooth on the muffins, (so I had just had more quiche.) Coffee needed some improvement as well.

Many comments mentioned the noise of snowmobiles, but I never really noticed the noise. The pigeons in the court yard were far noisier. But neither disturbed my sleep.

Despite the food issues, I would absolutely go back, but on a weekend when I think the atmosphere would be a little more inviting.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Travis F, Owner/Manager at The Rangeley Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that the accommodations were to your liking, but regret the quality of your breakfast experience. The quiche and muffins are both made on-site, and we may have overcooked a batch of muffins without realizing it. We will try to keep a closer eye on that.

Winter weekdays are a quiet time in Rangeley, which is why the restaurant is only open 5 nights. We run a reduced midweek rate to compensate for this. From June 12 to October 12 our restaurant is open 7 nights.

We hope you will return to stay with us again - and please do let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your experience.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

This is a nice hotel close to two ski mountains in Maine with lovely old fashion charm. The lobby and surrounding lounge rooms and breakfast room are really unique and make you feel like you've stepped back in time. Everything has been kept up very nicely and is very inviting. The room was pretty big and very comfortable. The king size bed was nice and the bathroom had a nice shower. We stayed on the first floor in the older part of the hotel (not renovated) and it was great! The breakfast is early enough for skiers and has a great selection with many home made options. The people who work here who we interacted with were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
USA3
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

We were delighted that the reviews were true! This is a lovely spot to stay with caring attentive staff in the hotel as well as the Tavern. The food was surprisingly delicious!! The continental breakfast could have been bland but it wasn't! There was variety, healthy options and a quiche that was to die for. I will be writing them to ask for the recipe. We had dinner in the Tavern and it was ecellent. Really!!! We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

Had a wonderful overnight at the Rangeley Inn. My room was charming with many touches that preserved the historic nature of the building. Loved the ball and claw tub the the bathroom. I was there for a meeting the next day with approx 40 others from across the state. The staff was wonderfully accommodating and pleasant. Already thinking about coming back next winter with my family for a ski weekend!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

Our group of approximately 40 had a wonderful leadership conference here. The inn was very accommodating and provided an excellent private conference room with ample space. The breakfast and lunch served was delicious. I was very impressed by the hospitality of all the staff, including the new owner. In addition, the inn was able to host us overnight, making it an excellent venue for our conference. The rooms were lovely, well decorated, and very clean. The Rangeley Inn was full of charm, and Rangeley was simply a beautiful place to visit with many outdoor activities to participate in. I would highly recommend this place for others looking for a great business retreat or conference venue.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

I stayed at the hotel for a business meeting. The Inn has character and style. It's an older building from the 1920s that the new owner has taken pains to update without losing style. Many of the guests were skiers. Service was friendly. My room was spacious and clean. This may well be the best place to stay in Rangeley. I would have been happy to pay much more than I did.

Room Tip: The 40s suites are large with a living room and a bedroom.