“Very nice place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Pelham, NH
“Very nice place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I ate at Forks in the Air for dinner in late October 2013. There isn’t a lot of seating in this restaurant but the atmosphere is very nice and cozy. I had a delicious pumpkin ale that I would highly recommend. My husband had the Caesar salad (ask for no anchovies if you don’t want them) and the roasted wild mushrooms. I had the house made gnocchi with pumpkin alfredo and roasted butternut squash. Everything was amazing! We got flatbread takeout the next night and it was pretty good too. I would definitely visit again.

Visited October 2013

Spruce Head, Maine
“a gem of a bistro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you want an excellent dining experience, go to Forks in the Air. The decor is warm and welcoming with a smart contemporary flair. All employees were genuinely friendly and our waiter, Joe, gave us prompt and accurate service. The chef's creations for each course showed great attention to details including presentation and unusual delicious combinations of flavors and textures. Our experience left all six of us in the party completely satisfied and hoping to return in the near future. This restaurant does it right!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“quality cuisine in the mountains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Upscale dining. However, arrive before 7..because the small kitchen gets very busy very fast. Diverse menu and reasonable prices.

Visited October 2013
“Best restaurant in town doesn't say much but this would be a very good restaurant in any town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Two of us on a Thursday night after a 5 hour drive ...we were seated at a very comfortable table...the place had a very nice ambience and it didn't hurt to see the setting sun reflected in the water ...our server was delightful,lovely and accomplished...Aim-me...hope I got it right...had a delicious glass of fresh maine brewed amber beer ...wine by the glass was fine..I sent the first glass back as it was not opened that night nor well protected...it was graciously replaced with a fresh glass ...we shared the fried calamari ...good but not great..unfortunately the gap between good and great is huge..but I would order it again ....I had the steak and Frites ...it was quite good ...my wife had the Statler chicken and it was excellent...we had a wonderful time and will happily return ...forgot to mention the bread which is thin,crispy ,garlicky and to die for ..thank god we got seconds ...

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
USVI
“A new Fork in Rangeley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The atmosphere at Forks is similiar to a resturant you might be eating at in Portland or Portsmouth NH. There was plenty of staff but looked a bit disorganized. Please note that it was the first week of being open and so it makes sense that they were getting in the grove. The food was very good. We thought it was a bit overpriced but no complaints with portion size, taste or appearance. We had a house red wine that was average in taste but definitely overpriced. Pick your wine carefully.
Forks adds a different flair to the town of Rangeley in that it is probably the only upscale resturant in town or at least trying to be. I do want to mention that the new owner was there and making a point to talk to every table. To me that is old school and I like it. As far as finding Forks, you can't miss it. It is located on main street right downtown Rangeley.

Visited July 2013