“Very accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Portland
Bangor, Maine
“Very accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I have been staying at the Clarion since I am being treated at Maine Medical Center in Portland. The reservations staff have been friendly as well as the check in staff. The rooms have been clean, well stocked. Microwave and refrigerator are included. The cleaning staff actually respects the privacy of those who use the do not disturb sign in the lock. There is a dining room. Buffet breakfast is available for $10. Decent choices. We have also eaten dinner there. Our meal was very good. Attentive wait staff. There is a shuttle that goes to the Maine Medical Center which is very much appreciated.
The hotel is a short driving distance to the attractions of Portland.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Plenty of room. (not like the 2 foot space that you sometimes get to walk through to get to your bed)
Breakfast downstairs was great! The gentleman who greeted me (and I believe made the omelet) was kind and attentive.
Though I did not partake in any of the amenities (pool, hot tub and fitness area) they looked nice enough.
Close enough to "town".
Staff was helpful and friendly! I would stay again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 6th floor....quiet :)
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Michael P, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for taking the time to share a few comments about your recent stay with us. I can see that you did enjoy your stay and that is rewarding for all of us here. The kind gentleman you met in the breakfast area is James (our omelette extraordinaire) he is our rock during breakfast hours. Next time you decide to stay with us I do recommend using our pool and fitness center. Our pool is one of the biggest and warmest you can find in all the Portland hotels, I feel it sets us apart from the other local properties.

Please come see us again in the near future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A little outdated but comfortable. The hotels near the water are twice as high per night. We were very comfortable here for a weeks stay. The staff was good and the food was good in the restaurant. I will stay here if we return again. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael P, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Larry, we appreciate you sharing a few comments about your previous stay with us. Sure, our hotel may have been built in the 70's but I must say we have done an adequate job keeping the property up to par, making subtle changes here and there to give it some life. What we are truly focused on here is the service we provide, trying to separate ourselves with the people we have not the bells and whistles we may lack. In saying that I am happy to hear you had a satisfying stay with us. Thank you for trying out our in house dining, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the experience.

I am happy to hear that we will be seeing you again in the future, we appreciate you and your thoughts.
Montville, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had to stay here in an emergency, so we could not book a cheap room in advance on line. We were happy to see low room prices and a pretty good little restaurant near the lobby, so we could just eat and crash. (Good seafood). Rooms were quiet, comfortable, and clean. Always good when there isn't something to make me irritated, like noisy air handlers, noisy halls, soiled linens, dirty bathrooms or whatever. Nothing wrong here!
Not a place to stay for the views, but for a rest.

Room Tip: Only stayed once, so I cannot judge.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Michael P, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for giving us some insight on your recent stay with us, all comments in regards to your time here are welcomed. Whether you are here in an emergency or on your terms we always hope that you will find comfort in your stay. Our in house dining has always been a convenience for people who have had long days, unexpected visits, and last second stays alike. We want to instill the idea that you have all that you need under one roof. Sure, we may not have the fancy waterfront views that other downtown hotels may have but the service you receive here will never fail you. I hope that you will return to us at some point and enjoy another night or two.

Thanks again.
Southampton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I just checked in and Debra, our concierge, couldn't have been nicer. We stay here several times a year for family events and its always clean with a convenient Portland location (downtown is walking distance if you're healthy) and a nice pool and jacuzzi. Plus, you can't beat the price. We highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Staff is very accommodating if you don't like your room.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Michael P, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to share a few thoughts about your stay with us. I know Debra will be thrilled to hear that she made such a great impression on you, and I will surely pass along the message. With comments so positive I can only hope that you will be staying with us again in the near future. We enjoy hearing your feedback as it tailors the way we try and accommodate the guests here. Please come back and see us soon!
Freeport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

I wasn't expecting anything more than average for this hotel and thats what I got, however the thing that did give me a surprise was the service that I recieved from the desk attendant Chris. when I arrived he checked me in with a smile and I was able to get to my room quickly. Later on when I stopped at the desk to ask about local places to eat i again was greeted with a smile and plenty of great suggestions, mabe its my age but I wasn't expecting this pleasant service from such a young man. please let him know we old timmers enjoyed his pleasant smile and the information provided.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael P, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for filling out this review. I am so glad that you found Chris to be of help during your stay. Chris is one of the very best customer service agents we have here at the hotel and this is great reassurance to the fact. I will make sure that I pass along the comments that you have made. Again thank you for taking the time to fill out a few comments about your stay. Hope you folks come back again and see us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014 via mobile

As my husband and I checked in on Wednesday there was a very awesome young guy Chris he was very friendly and helpful he really made our stay good the pool is awesome as well as the breakfast again the customer service is what makes the day he is a great associate.

• Stayed November 2014
Michael P, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for filling out this gracious review. I will be sure to let Chris know that he made a strong impression on you folks. There is a lot that is put into running a successful hotel but I strongly believe it is the customer service that can bring any property over the top. Again thank you for your kind words I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and the pool as well!

We hope to see you again soon

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!