“Makes work seem like a vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Inn & Suites Portland

Save Saved
You added Fireside Inn & Suites Portland to your Saves list
Fireside Inn & Suites Portland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Riverside Street, Portland, ME 04103 (Formerly Holiday Inn Portland West)   |
Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Portland
Massachusetts
“Makes work seem like a vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

So easy off the highway and we have stayed there probably a hundred times. The staff is great and always greets us by name. The hotel is always being improved and updated, they just added a fireplace to the lobby. Holiday Inn West is everything we need to make our business life seem like home and like a vacation. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

The Holiday Inn Portland West is conveniently located near the major highway and many restaurants, shops and activities. The staff has always treated my family with excellent service, from checking in at the front desk, to the restaurant staff, the maintenance and housekeeping staff. We look forward to every time we stay at this hotel. If you do not feel like driving to do an activity, the hotel has two pools, fitness center, and an excellent restaurant and lounge. You will also be impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel.
I hope you enjoy this place as well I do.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I found my experience to be pleasant and comfortable. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful especially with restaurant staff in the mornings, a great team.
Also, I wanted to point out that other hotel chains have free coffee available all day. :)

NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

My Wife and I had the good fortune to stay at your hotel. We found it very clean and your staff could not have been nicer. From the moment we walked in the door we knew we were in the right place for the night. Your restraint and staff were pleasant also.

Robert Burditt

• Stayed January 2010
North of Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

Right off 95/Maine Turnpike this older Holday Inn has kept the old style great service and had updated the rooms and lobby.
The Staff act, look and are professional and very friendly.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Just following up on a stay I had recently. Was planning on going skiing up north and stayed in Portland spur of the moment. I was a little skeptical staying at a Holiday Inn but once I arrived I realized that it was a great pick. The hotel was spotless, every employee passing by smiled and said hello, and the front desk staff were more than helpful. Nimo and Jonathan were beyond willing to help me out. They printed out directions to get to the mountain the next day, and sent me on my way feeling great. Thanks again guys. See ya when I'm back in Maine!

Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Bangor,Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

I've been staying at this hotel almost every week end for the past 3 years. Iam very impressed with the consistent hospitality and warm reception. The staff at all levels thrive to make me feel "at home". The facility is maintained well and the response to any concern/ special request has almost always been instant and favorable. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable.Parking has never been an issue.It's located close to the airport and the Maine mall and is just off the I-95.I really enjoy their complimentary coffee in the lobby. I've stayed at many comparable hotels in the Portland area and I feel this hotel offers the best, for the price.Needless to say,this hotel charges very modestly for the amenities and most importantly,for the personalized/customized service provided by its friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Portland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fireside Inn & Suites Portland

Address: 81 Riverside Street, Portland, ME 04103 (Formerly Holiday Inn Portland West)
Location: United States > Maine > Portland
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Portland
Hotel Class:3 star — Fireside Inn & Suites Portland 3*
We offer today’s features with yesterday’s charm. Just minutes from the Portland Jetport and situated directly off I-95 Exit 48, our travel-friendly location is easily accessible. With its comfortable rooms, courtyard views and hospitality, the Fireside Inn & Suites Portland is the ideal choice for you and your family while visiting the Greater Portland Area.While staying with us, we invite you to enjoy Zackery’s Fireside Restaurant for dinner and evening entertainment. Our menus appeal to a wide set of tastes and we are extremely proud of our Staff. Please browse them at your leisure. We serve breakfast, dinner and wonderful desserts! We also have a full bar in Zack’s Club Lounge and offer drink specials for Happy Hour. We are pretty creative with martinis too! Whether you are joining us for business or pleasure, we are waiting for you! While you are here, why not relax by our Lobby Fireplace. Enjoy our late afternoon complimentary fresh coffee right here! Stay with us and each guest will receive a FREE Isamax Snacks Wicked Whoopie Pie! The Whoopie Pie is Maine’s Official State Treat (officially becoming law on September 28, 2011)! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fireside Inn & Suites Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fireside Inn And Suites Portland
Fireside Inn & Suites Portland Hotel Portland
Holiday Inn Portland
Portland Holiday Inn
Fireside Inn & Suites Portland Maine

If you own or manage Fireside Inn & Suites Portland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.