“Airport Embassy Suites” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland
“Airport Embassy Suites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Rooms needed updating and it would have been nice if they switched the reception snacks up rather then having the exact same thing every single evening as their are people who stay more then one night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Portland, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Thomas A,

Thank you for staying with us in Portland. I appreciate your feedback as we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel. Our guest suite appearance and manager’s reception are areas we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share and hope to have you back should you travel to the area in the future.

All the Best,

Stacy O'Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Not you typical Embassy Suites. This property does not have the usual atrium so the rooms are nice and quiet. The location is walkable from the Portland Jetport but they do have pick up service. Nice 2 hour cocktail hour on the house every night for 2 hours and a very good breakfast inclucing made to order omlets. Only 2 miles from the old harbor area in downtown Portland. Overall a good pick.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Portland, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear PanMan58,

Thanks for your wonderful review of our hotel. I appreciate your kind words about how quiet the rooms are and am glad to hear that you enjoyed the included reception and breakfast!

We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you when you next return to the Portland area.

Stacy OReilly
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

As we checked in, a live band was playing in the atrium and there were complimentary drinks and snacks being served. This is no ordinary “motel”! I totally agree with all the positive things other reviews have pointed out. They are aimed at the business traveler but the room size, amenities, comfort and “extras” are a joy no matter what your reason for traveling is. For the general Portland area they are priced very reasonably and the “dog friendly” policy is very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Our room faced the airport and we didn't hear a sound inside the room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Portland, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear PhotoTheatre,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your recent stay with us! The Tony Boffa band plays at the hotel every Monday night and our included snacks and beverages happen every night from 5:30-7:30 PM. It is a fantastic way to start your stay and I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We'll look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Portland.

Stacy OReilly
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My first stay at the Embassy Suites was excellent. The rooms are excellent size with all the amenities one could ask for. The manager's reception was very nice after a long day of business and I didn't have to go out to eat after working all day. The plate of fruit, cheese and crackers and veggies with dip were perfect. And while I am talking about food, the breakfast was the best complimentary breakfast I have had at any hotel.

Stacy, general manager, was very accommodating with questions I had.

The hotel is new. It is close to the airport. The employees are attentive. I used the fitness area and it was also clean, good equipment and a good temperature.

I will be staying here again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Portland, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear NEFrequentTraveler,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us and we look forward to many more. I also appreciate your kind words about me, the included amenities and the staff.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can do for you on your next stay with us.

Carrollton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Having received an excellent experience in previous stays at this convenient hotel we booked once again and found the accomodations to be consistently very good. The staff is helpful, friendly and very accomodating. Although virtually on airport grounds the location is not at all noisy from air traffic like one would expect.

Room Tip: Great breakfast options and evening reception is great. A nice time to meet outher guests and compa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Portland, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Jerry G,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We love having guests return time after time and I'm so pleased to hear that your experiences with us are consistently good.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon and hope we can help you find some other part of Portland to explore in the future.

Saint John, NB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The free drinks every night at the bar were a god send after a busy day. All of the staff were very courteous and nice except for the front desk ladies who seemed to be having an off day and were just sour.

My only complaint was the smell of smoke. It was everywhere in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear RWFougere,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. We are honored to be the first Embassy Suites you experienced and I hope you will look for them in other destinations you travel to.

While I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff overall courteous and friendly, I would like to apologize for your impression of the front desk staff. This is not up to my expecations at all and I will certainly address your concerns with that department. I will also investigate your comments about the smell of smoke and again apologize for any inconvenience to your stay.

I hope that we will see you again should your travels bring you back to the Portland area.

Saint John, NB, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our first time at an Embassy Suites hotel and we were very pleased with our 2 room suite - 1 king bed. We arrived after a day of shopping with our 9 month old baby and opted to try room service from Cafe Stroudwater. The haddock, crab cakes and clam chowder were quite nice and service was prompt. The in-room coffee is very good and ES provides ultra-pasteurized creamers so I got to enjoy my coffee just the way I like it! No "non-dairy creamer" white powders required! I had requested a crib or playpen and it was in the room at time of arrival - great job Embassy Suites! Finally, the breakfast was very nice and for me is a huge draw for me to return to Embassy Suites. The use of a coffee machine in the breakfast area is a bit puzzling to me but the coffee was acceptable. We have four children and the suite layout will work excellent for the whole family if we opt for 2 double beds instead of the king. We'll be back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Portland, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear crtoole,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel from your stay earlier this month. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the large suite, room service and breakfast. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. I also agree with you that the half and half creamers are much better then the powdered ones!

We will look forward to having you and your family as our guests again when you return to the Portland area.

Stacy O'Reilly

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Portland? Share your experiences!