“Fabulous Thai Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 540 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We sold our other restaurant and now only have one Saeng Thai House on 921 Congress St! Please come visit us and the same old crew!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Fabulous Thai Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Found Saeng Thai House on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed! Intimate setting with some of the best Thai food we've had. We ate Spring rolls, Crispy Duck with Hot Basil Sauce and Penang Curry. It was all fantastic. The server was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They do not serve alcohol. But the food is worth checking out!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Best Thai in Portland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I work right down the road from the Saeng Thai House at a small hotel. This is some of the best Thai food in Portland hands down. I send all the guests there looking for a good meal right in the area. Nobody has ever come back saying they do not like it! If your coming to stay in the West End of Portland and enjoy good thai, you need to dine here. The service is great as well. LOst count of how many times I have ordered food from there! :) ENjoy!

• Visited October 2013
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

A friend suggested we try Saeng Thai as he claimed it was the best Thai food to be found in Portland. He was right. We have tried every other Thai restaurant in the area and were pleasantly surprised! The food is done right, the service is friendly, and at a great value. It is now on our staple list!

Jerusalem, Israel
“A special meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Yesterday I ordered a meal for delivery in Portland...from Jerusalem, Israel. It was my mother's birthday and I wanted to surprise her with a good meal. Of course she was tickled. The restaurant wrapped the meal in a shiny green bow and included a birthday card. The Tamarind duck and fried pork dumplings were excellent and accompanied by vegetables and rice - a meal for two. Many thanks for a wonderful surprise, and excellent mean and fine service!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ralita S, Manager at Saeng Thai House, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! We felt so honored and delighted that you called all the way from Israel to order food from us for your mom's birthday. We sure enjoyed picking out a birthday card for her and decorating her take-out package with a bow. We hope that your mom had a great birthday and we are so glad to have been a part of it. Please come and visit us again when you are back in Maine!

Best wishes,
The Saengthai House staff
Portland, Maine
“Cool atmosphere and good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I looked on trip advisor for a different Thai restaurant try. We have a lot of good Thai restaurants in Portland, but I wanted to try something new. I liked it so much that I've been there twice in the past month, both times for take-out (although the restaurant seems very cozy and friendly. I like that you can bring your own beer/wine.) Everything I've tried has been excellent: crispy pad thai, garlic shrimp, drunken noodles with tofu, drunken noodles with duck, the really good pupu platter. I love this place, and they're happy for your business. No attitudes here. I look forward to dining in next. I'm certain I won't be disappointed. Great value for the money.

• Visited August 2013