“THE BEST THAI IN PORTLAND” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 552 Restaurants in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We sold our other restaurant and now only have one Saeng Thai House on 921 Congress St! Please come visit us and the same old crew!
nlove88
“THE BEST THAI IN PORTLAND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been going to this place for twelve years. This is the most authentic and fantastic thai in Portland. I highly recommend the Chicken Pad Thai, three stars of spiciness.

Visited December 2012

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Easily the best Thai I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The guy with the review about eating there twice on vacation sold me on trying this place. I was expecting to get there and it be a building all alone with a bunch of cars. However, it was quite the opposite. It was in a corner shop of a building and was very small inside. However, it was also VERY welcoming and warm. The people were very nice. I ended up getting take out (didn't even take 10 minutes) and going back to my hotel room. I sat on my bed and began to eat. At this point, I really really wished I had stayed at the restaurant to let them know just how fantastic my meal was. It was truly the best Thai I had ever eaten and I've had my fair share of Thai food across America. If I didn't have to leave early the next morning, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have gone back that next afternoon, thanked them, and then ordered more for the road. This place definitely deserves 5 stars in my opinion.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Extraordinary Thai in a Cozy Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

On a cool and rainy night in Portland we sought out this restaurant - with very little knowledge about Asian food options in one of our favorite cities for dining. We are SO happy that we found Saeng Thai.

With warm smiles greeting us as we entered, we knew we had chosen wisely. And the food quickly reinforced that decision. The Pad Thai was fresh and flavorful, while the sublime flavors of the curry warmed us from the inside out. After a hot cup of green tea we were prepared for the weather...and walked away with a new favorite in Portland.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best Thai food ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Wow!!! Been to plenty of Thai places all over the country and by far this was the best I've ever had. My fiance agreed! I judge a Thai place based on their Pad Thai, and this place has two iterations of it, including one with a basil-based spicy sauce. Unbelievable! Just an explosion of flavors. The place is small, so I can imagine people must have to wait for a table (we went later at night). But I would've waited hours for this food! Very large menu for a such a small mom and pop operation. There's something for everyone. And very generous portions! This place is a must and has certainly earned it's 5/5 rating! A must try in the Portland area!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oromocto, Canada
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food was excellent. We had chicken dumplings and sweet potato appetizers and curry for main meal. Everything was delicious. The restaurant was cute and cozy and the staff was extremely friendly. Loved it!

Visited November 2012