“I dream about this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 535 restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
“I dream about this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been to Duckfat 3 times on 3 different visits to Maine. The fries and milkshakes are BEYOND delicious; my mouth is watering just writing about it now! All foodies need to stop here. Be warned that the restaurant is small and very popular so there is often a wait. But trust me when I say that it is worth it :)

Visited August 2013

89% Recommend
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Maybe a little less fat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were in Portalnd for one night only and we wanted to make sure we had dinner somewhere that is fit for a foodie. My husband had the tuna melt and I had the BGT as well as some duck fat fries. The fries were tasty and we expected them to be greasy, but what was dissappointing was the amount of grease that the sandwiches had. We left there feeling like the food was good but nothing stellar, as well as feeling like we needed to wash off the layer of grease we acquired.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arrived in Portland and was hungry so we headed over to Duckfat. It's a smaller restaurant but the food was delicious. We had panini's, fries with Thai chili dipping sauce and malts (chocolate and Duckfat sea salt Carmel). This place makes everything from scratch and is delicious. We can't wait to go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Scrumtralescent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

A friend recommended I go while in Portland, and I ended up going twice. What I ate:

Fries (obviously) with truffle ketchup
Poutine
Heirloom tomato salad
Caramel/sea salt shake
Duck confit panini
Pork belly panini
Tuna panini

All were delicious, with special love for the duck confit panini, fries and poutine (and this comes from someone who just spent a week in Belgium eating fries). All great stuff. The beer selection draws from local sources and changes day to day, so you could have good choices or not so much. Friendly staff. Small, so be prepared to wait and be close to your neighbors. A bit expensive, but worth it.

Definitely make it a point to go if you're in Portland.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Top Notch FRIES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I do NOT eat duck. I was hesitant to eat fries made in duck fat... I should not have thought twice! They were amazing. Seriously good fries. We had the Thai mayo sauce and the truffle ketchup - yum. The Thai sauce was especially lovely! There are not a lot of seats but if you grab a stool at the side bar you can make poems with magnetic word art.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere