“Slipping a Little” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Falmouth, Maine
“Slipping a Little”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The last two times I dined at the Full Belly Deli, the quality of the pastrami was not as good as usual. The sandwich was still pretty darn good but not what it used to be. The quantity of pastrami on the sandwich was less than in the past. My wife's corned beef sandwich was very good--nice and lean corned beef. The quantity of corned beef on the sandwich seemed to be less than in the past. The potato salad and coleslaw you get with the sandwiches are outstanding.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ithaca, New York
“Don't miss these sandwiches!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

On our way back from a morning trip outside Portland, I decided to stop at Full Belly, partly because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor.
I've never been to a NYC deli, but I can only imagine that this is close to that sort of experience. The location is not what you would expect for a family run, homemade meat type of delicatessen. It's located in a suburban plaza. For my family who had just been out in the 86 degree weather, it meant there was definitely A/C! That was good.
The inside is clean and spacious. The kitchen is open, so you can see it all, and it's huge and clean. I love Reubens, so I had to give theirs a try. I was NOT disappointed. A big portion, lean and extremely tasty. Bread was perfectly toasted.
My wife had the Chicken cordon bleu sandwich which was also exceptional. My son had a burger which he said was good. One daughter had the mac n' cheese with hot dog and the other had the mac n' cheese with chicken strips. These were big portions. I think the mac was Kraft, but that was totally fine with them. I liked that they had good kid options.
Service was very friendly and quick. Check them out for lunch if you're in the area!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Freeport, Maine
“WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The sandwiches are huge!! The Regal Ruben is the best I have ever had. They have a great menu that will satisfy anyone in your group. just come ready to eat.

Visited March 2013
“Authentic New York Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The food is just like the food I've had in NYC. Large portions of good quality food. the prices are higher than a typical deli in the Portland area but the value is there. The owner is a character which adds to the charm of the place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New England
“The best reuben in Maine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We always get the Reuben to share. It is plenty, plus the best pickle.We usually try the Ruebens wherever we see it on a menu, but Full Belly is the one to compare with. And there's no comparison!! Love the friendly atmosphere.

Visited March 2013