“went for apps stayed for dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 540 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“went for apps stayed for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

near our hotel, so we walked over with the intent of sitting at the bar and having a few apps, then moving on to another spot. we found they had no bar but they invited us to sit in the dining room for our apps which we did. we ended up staying. thoroughly enjoyed the fish cakes special which must have been made with salt cod. the Caesar salad was standard but good and good sized. My wife ordered the chicken saltimbocca without knowledge of an earlier complaint about the beans and it was excellent, on the bone but tender with lots of flavor and the beans were an outstanding complement and are, I believe, common in certain areas of Italy. My ravioli appeared to be handmade with a hazelnut brown butter and was very good albeit a ravioli much thinner than one normally sees, more like the result of using wonton wrappers. portions were good and prices were relatively cheap. I think with a bottle of wine we spent $80.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Craftsbury, Vermont
“Bravo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have travelled extensively in Italy for years and find Ribollita has an authentic Italian ambiance and an especially Tuscan cuisine. We will soon be moving into the neighborhood and are thrilled to have this Italian gem at our doorstep.

My husband and I have been here twice, most recently with friends. We have high praise for the melon and prosciutto, the tomato and bread salad, and the white bean and Romano ravioli. I had a daily special squash ravioli which was good although a little heavy. The mussels were small and tender but the broth a little acidic. My husband's calamari were okay but not the best he's had. One friend had the daily risotto with radicchio and Gorgonzola which was well cooked but unfortunately tasted more of the bitter radicchio than the Gorgonzola.On an earlier visit I had the gnocchi which were prepared a little unusually and were quite tasty. Salads were large and excellent.

I look forward to trying more dishes on the menu and know we will be happy here!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newington, Connecticut
“Truly memorable meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner this at Ribollito. Every person in our 7 member party stated this was one of the most memorable meals they have ever had. The preparation and presentation were fantastic. Without a doubt, we will be returned to this great restaurant the next time we are in town.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not good different”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Checked this resturant out on this site before going. The first thing I noticed was the cheap silverware. I have ordered chicken saltimbocca in many resturants and it has never come on top of white beans, always pasta. This was also not noted on the menu description of the dish. I guess I should now ask how a dish is prepared before ordering.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cape Cod, MA
“Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great food, Great service. Each course I had was even better than the previous. Mussels a must, don't let the pistachio in the name scare you from trying them. The vanilla bean flan was too hard to resist as others have mentioned. The entire staff was impressive and gave the feeling that they enjoyed and knew what they were serving. Very knowledgeable! And let me not forget to mention that the prices were far less than what I expected and I would easily pay more for the meal I had!