“Enjoy the View and the Food” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant actually floats, and because it is surrounded by water, every table offers spectacular views of Portland Harbor. Our outside decks are great spots to see the sights while enjoying a meal or cocktail. Maine lobster is what we do here and we do it better than anyone.
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Enjoy the View and the Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I do travel quite a bit since my children live in Michigan and Maine. I absolutely adore this restaurant - in fact, we held my younger daughter's wedding reception here and everything was just perfect! When I visit Maine, I always try to come to DiMillo's for the lobster dinner - never disappointed. Prime ribs also very good, for those who do not eat seafood. It is fun to walk on the pier, either before or after dinner, and view the boats.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Well prepared and presented food in a wonderful atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Have hesitated to go to this restaurant in the past thinking it may be overpriced and a tourist trap. Being the 4th of July weekend a lot of places were really busy. I got seated no problem. The outside deck is pleasant Service was good, the food was well prepared and elegantly presented. I would not hesitate to try other options on the menu. The only weird thing was the size of an Iced tea, I never saw such a small glass for Ice Tea. But, to be fair there were free refills. All in all a nice experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Inspect your take out order before you leave the restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I have visited Dimillo's floating restaurant many times a year and have been very satisfied with the service and the food. However, this past 4th of July we did not want to deal with the crowds so we opted to get take out at the Dimillo's bar. Image our shock when we got home and found that every piece of our Seafood platters were burnt including the onion rings and French fries. I still say that their food is good just don't get take out. Make sure you eat at the restaurant this way you can send back your order if its disgusting.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Manhattan, Illinois
“This is Portland, Maine Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you want local style food, then look no further! This place was great. I was in town for a grad school interview at the University of New England, and after having nothing to eat but hops from the Sam Adams brewery tour in Boston, my dad and I were famished. We walked around beautiful downtown Portland on this Thursday night from our Hampton Inn hotel (which I recommend), and saw that most places only had a few people inside, all of whom seemed to be regulars. Not wanting to be "those guys" who crash on the local's regular routine (plus being turned off by the fact that hardly anyone was in these restaurants), we searched for a place with people actually inside.

We eventually stumbled on DiMillo's. We saw a decent crowd inside for a Thursday night, which a sign to us that this surely cannot be a bad place to eat. Plus, I couldn't turn down a chance to eat on a giant boat on the bay. We were fortunate enough to stumble in on the last minutes of Happy Hour, so we were treated with free appetizers. My dad and I got some local seafood and clam chowder, and it was amazing. I specifically remember a shrimp or lobster Bloody Mary, which I highly recommend. Plus, there have some local and regional brews on-tap, all of which were great.

And the service was fantastic. Our waitress obviously knew we were from out of town. She gave us a lot of recommendations on what to order and described items on the menu we had questions about. Service was fast, and she always happened to be there for a refill just as my glass was about to go empty.

The place is very clean and upscale, so it is a perfect place for a business meeting, a date, or drinks after work. But there were also a decent number of families around, and I would consider this place family-friendly. There were two sections of this restaurant/giant boat, so if you're here for business, you will not have kids crying and running all over the place.

If you're from out of town and want to experience what Portland, Maine is about, then come to DiMillo's!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangor,Maine
“Great view food eh..... and uneven”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had an out of towner who had never had lobster and figured we would try Demillos. Food was uneven-no bread brought to table,my fried clams were lukewarm and soggy, 1 of the 2 lobsters was full of water and very little meat (the birthday girl) and oiur salads were overdressed. For $160 this was a real disappointment. View from the top outside deck was spectacular. Inside was a bus trip but they had already been served. A major disappointment and I doubt we will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere