“Stopped in for a Snack” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Boston, Massachusetts
“Stopped in for a Snack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

LFK is very cozy feeling inside, my husband, our couple friend, and I stopped in for a quite snack while we waited to be called by Petite Jacqueline two doors down for dinner. Two of us ordered beers, two of us the mulled cider without alcohol. The mulled cider was fantastic - had quite the kick at the end that left a slight burn in the back of the throat. We also ordered the poutine, which was delicious. Baby potatoes perfectly cooked smothered in heavenly gravy and cheese curds. There was also horse radish shavings over top which gave it a great boost.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
austria
“Great Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went here twice on our visit to New England. We really liked the layed back vibe, the good beer, the big windows for people watching, the fantastic bar, the eclectic decorations and even the quirky bartenter. I can understand why some poeple wouldn´t like his relaxed and easy going style but I do. It fits with the atmosphere. We had Sunday Brunch which was good, but not fantastic. The second time we were there in the evening just for drinks but the things being served looked good. Considering the fantastic resaurants in Portland, this place would rate a solid GOOD. If you want a good meal in an interesting bar with local people and a relaxed atmosphere, with fun people watching...this is a great place for that.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Loved the food there! The cocktails were good also. Friendly staff. My friends and I had a good time!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“STAY CLEAR”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went there for brunch today and although we were only one of three small groups at communal tables that had come in at more or less the sames time, it took nearly 50 minutes to get two egg sandwiches - but that's only the surface. When the plate finally arrived, the sausage was raw - DISGUSTING!!! Once you get past the griminess of the place ( IF you can), you can expect to be treated like a dog by the bartender (is he the owner?) who throws a coaster at you and then drops the drink at you with no regard for the fact that you're a paying customer. The shady guys in the 'kitchen' (if you want to call that mess a kitchen) looked unkempt and left me with no confidence that good sanitary practices were being followed. My companion was sick most of the day. Honestly, I don't know hoe this place would ever pass a health inspection. the entire experience was disconcerting and disgusting. This place deserves to be shut down! Stay away!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“Neat little nook”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have only been to this place once, but had a great time. The place is decorated with vintage decorations such as books, pictures, and music related items. There is a full bar with seating, a private nook in the back with vintage seating, and outdoor tables as well. Although I only went there for drinks. The food menu looked interesting, and reading it made me salivate. A great place for date nite, or to gather with friends.

Visited November 2012