“Oyster Bar Plus!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 539 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Just opened and is owned by Hugo's next door. Excellent "tapas" small plate seafood. Oysters from Maine and away. Incredible cured Artic Char.
Portland, Maine, United States
“Oyster Bar Plus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went to Eventide with our Daughter and Son-in-Law the other day and had a great lunch. I love oysters and had a tasting of several varieties, delicious! Then to follow up had lobster stew, fried oyster roll, coleslaw and oil cured herring! Everything was excellent, but the lobster stew is the BEST LOBSTER STEW I have ever had, and I have had lots of lobster stew. The atmosphere is casual oyster bar and the servings are small (that's why I had so many). Love it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Walpole, Massachusetts
“Attention Oyster Fans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

What a cool place! If you're a fan of oysters - you NEED to go to this restaurant! It's a cool little places - only seats about 30/35 guests - super casual - no reservations except for parties of 6 or more. We were a party of 2 the other evening. We were seated at stools along the long window counter which was totally fine for me - but a bit of a tight squeeze for my big husband. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. When a spot opened up at the bar, they kindly had no problem with us moving over there (which was a little more spacious). The oyster selection was one of the best we've ever seen - and the accoutrements as well. We really liked the Horseradish Ice to go with the oysters. They did have a few entrees on the meal - but for us, it was a great place to pop into for oysters and drinks, then move onward. So delicious! Enjoy!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camden, Maine
“Hip and delish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Eventide in in a really great foodie triangle which includes Micucci's, Hugo's and Duckfat. We REALLY wanted oysters and this was perfect.We had 12 plump Pemaquids and 6 Blue points (smaller) all spanking fresh with 4 distinct accompanying sauces...if you like those.I also had the chowder which was good and some kicking bloody marys...really excellent.Great value for money although I think it fills up fast and the seating is high stools.We will be back soon.

Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Inventive and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was prepared to hate this place. It has a certain too-hip-for-you air about it, but I was pleasantly surprised. First, the staff are friendly and, while hip, not eye-rollingly hip. Also, the food is really, really good, which trumps any hipster-induced annoyance. All of the dishes we had were really fresh and delicious, with unexpected twists (see, e.g., the pork buns). The cocktails were fantastic. We had a great boozy night at the bar listening to 80s hits, drinking delicious cocktails and wine and trying as many menu items as we could fit in our stomachs. I recommend this place to out of towners and residents alike.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scarborough, Maine
“Heaven for your mouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We love Eventide. It's really good. It's kind of that simple. My husband loves oysters and every time we go he gets them and loves them. Me? Not so much. There is plenty on the menu to eat that isn't oysters and it's all yummy, the drinks are yummy, We tend to go at off hours as I'm not patient and don't like being crowded - it's a small space and busy. To me the food and drinks are worth the space and wait - even for me! It's really a lovely place!

Visited October 2013