I would stay at this hotel again, although I would also consider others. There was nothing that was outstanding when compared to the cost that made me jump up and down and get excited! The hotel was clean and comfortable, but they do have VERY NOISY air conditioners! I asked for a maintenance guy to come up and have a look and see if he could fix it, but he said the noise was typical for these models and there was nothing that could be done. I had to sleep at night with the AC off which in August made the room extremely warm and stuffy. I saw in other reviews of many complaints of the management, I thought they were very nice and courteous; possibly they got a new management team. I flew a read eye into Boston and got to the hotel and asked for an early checkin at 8AM in the morning. The hotel was booked the night before so they had no rooms ready, but they got maid service up to a room which someone had checked out of just minutes before and got it clean and ready for me within the hour. They were very accommodating.
The negatives I had was primarily the cost! First, the room was over $230 a night and I thought that was high for the hotel. It's not like it was the Carlton Ritz or something! The other services in the hotel were pricey also. The breakfast I thought was free and walked away without paying two mornings in a row before I noticed on the third day people getting guest checks on their tables! Found out the breakfast buffet cost $10! Opps! I went and paid up for my previous days and apologized for my misunderstanding; but for $10 it wasn't much better than free breakfasts that you find in many hotels. The bar was also pretty pricey for drinks. It was $9 for a drink of house whiskey and diet coke.
Other than price this hotel was decent with a great location for Downtown Portsmouth.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland
- Portland Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Portland
- Portland Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Waterfront Portland hotel in Portalnd, Maine is perfectly situated in the city's Historic Old Port District and offers fantastic views of Casco Bay and Portland's working waterfront. Everything is within walking distance and you will enjoy the convenience of boutique shopping, gourmet restaurants, and fabulous art galleries being nearby. Steps from our Portland, ME hotel's front door you will find the Portland Trails jogging path, fishing and sailing tours, as well as great family attractions. We're also conveniently located near area attractions such as Hadlock Field, home of the Red Sox affiliate Portland Seadogs, Portland Museum of Art, Merrill Auditorium and Cumberland County Civic Center. Beautiful Maine rocky coast and sand beaches are within a short drive!Hilton Garden Inn Portland, Maine Hotel Features...• 120 hotel guestrooms, many with ocean views• Great American Grill® serving a full service, made to order breakfast buffet• Evening hotel room service• Lobby bar serving dinner nightly• 2 state-of-the-art meeting rooms for groups from 2 to 50• On-site catering for meetings, receptions, breakfasts, lunches and dinners for small groups• 24-hour Pavilion Pantry convenience mart• Complimentary shuttle service (airport and local businesses)• Valet Parking• Complimentary 24-hour business center• Complimentary high-speed, wireless internet service throughout hotel• Indoor heated pool and whirlpool• Complimentary fitness facilityThe 120 oversized guestrooms at the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Portland feature...• Waterfront or Portland, Maine city views!• Complimentary secure printing to the 24-hour business center• Oversized work desk, ergonomic chair and desk level outlets• Two dual-line speakerphones with voicemail• Refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker• Iron, ironing board and hairdryer• USA Today each weekday morning• Non smoking and accessible rooms availableAttractions near the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Portland, ME include...• 5 miles from Portland International Airport• Within walking distance from the waterfront• 1/2 mile from I-295 and I-95• 1 mile from the Cumberland County Civic Center• 12 miles from Freeport, home of L.L. Bean• 10 miles from the famous lighthouses of Portland, MaineCome enjoy the hospitality at our Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Portland, Maine.***** Everything. Right where you need it. ***** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.