The Hotel felt more like a Hawthorne Inn than a "regular" Hilton -
basically a place you'd sleep on a biz trip when nothing else is
We flew up from Boston for an overnight stay because we enjoy
some of the restaurants near the waterfront and returning back
the same day was not an option. The hotel has a free shuttle bus
from the airport, and a call to the front desk arranged for a pick-up
at the GA terminal. Upon return, the hotel shuttle was not
available, so the front desk arranged a cab on voucher.
We had a view of the parking lot (a 316.72 USD web special, not
including breakfast). To my disappointment, no minibar - just an
empty refrigerator - how useful. Called room service to order a
mineral and a Campari. The call that the bar was out of Campary
came 20 minutes later - cancel that order.
The room itself was clean, the beds comfortable.
The main attraction of this hotel is its location - if your target is the
waterfront you're all set, no cars, cabs needed - everything is in
We got woken up by loud guests at around 1 am. Was bad
enough to call security, which subsequently had to return 2 more
times without us calling.
The in-house wire-less did not work for my PDA - the front desk
knew nothing about it and connected me to an off-site service
center, who kept insisting on walking me through irrelevant setup
procedures. I ended up using the computer in the hotel's biz
Breakfast ($12 a pop as I recall) was your basic buffet. It took the
staff forever to clear a table and then there was another
substantial wait to get coffee. I can only describe breakfast as an
For some reason, Portland,ME is a tough spot to find a decent
hotel. I do think this hotel is overpriced for the services it offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Waterfront Portland hotel in Portalnd, Maine is perfectly situated in the city's Historic Old Port District and offers fantastic views of Casco Bay and Portland's working waterfront. Everything is within walking distance and you will enjoy the convenience of boutique shopping, gourmet restaurants, and fabulous art galleries being nearby. Steps from our Portland, ME hotel's front door you will find the Portland Trails jogging path, fishing and sailing tours, as well as great family attractions. We're also conveniently located near area attractions such as Hadlock Field, home of the Red Sox affiliate Portland Seadogs, Portland Museum of Art, Merrill Auditorium and Cumberland County Civic Center. Beautiful Maine rocky coast and sand beaches are within a short drive!Hilton Garden Inn Portland, Maine Hotel Features...• 120 hotel guestrooms, many with ocean views• Great American Grill® serving a full service, made to order breakfast buffet• Evening hotel room service• Lobby bar serving dinner nightly• 2 state-of-the-art meeting rooms for groups from 2 to 50• On-site catering for meetings, receptions, breakfasts, lunches and dinners for small groups• 24-hour Pavilion Pantry convenience mart• Complimentary shuttle service (airport and local businesses)• Valet Parking• Complimentary 24-hour business center• Complimentary high-speed, wireless internet service throughout hotel• Indoor heated pool and whirlpool• Complimentary fitness facilityThe 120 oversized guestrooms at the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Portland feature...• Waterfront or Portland, Maine city views!• Complimentary secure printing to the 24-hour business center• Oversized work desk, ergonomic chair and desk level outlets• Two dual-line speakerphones with voicemail• Refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker• Iron, ironing board and hairdryer• USA Today each weekday morning• Non smoking and accessible rooms availableAttractions near the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Portland, ME include...• 5 miles from Portland International Airport• Within walking distance from the waterfront• 1/2 mile from I-295 and I-95• 1 mile from the Cumberland County Civic Center• 12 miles from Freeport, home of L.L. Bean• 10 miles from the famous lighthouses of Portland, MaineCome enjoy the hospitality at our Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Portland, Maine.***** Everything. Right where you need it. ***** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Portland Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Portland
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront Maine