“This Place spoiled Dunkin Donuts for me!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 540 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Long Island, NY
“This Place spoiled Dunkin Donuts for me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have always been satisfied with Dunkin Donuts and they are still fine but after a fresh donut here, my taste buds have been awakened! I am now on a hunt for local donut shops with flair like they had here at the Holy Donut! When You walk in, they have a wonderful selection of flavors to choose from. The aroma knocks you for a loop and you drool trying to decide just what to get! There is comfortable seating and the aura was relaxing! I ended up ordering different kinds (a lime/mint flavor, Sin-a-bun cinnamon)and they were melt in your mouth delicious! So fresh! So yummy! The outside had the perfect hint of crunch, the inside moist and tender. The frostings of flavor made you beg for more! We will definitely return to Portland for the Holy Donut in the future!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida
“Not My Donut”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had great expectations for these donuts as my sister-inlaw raves about them. Coming from the south I expect a donut to be a sweet treat. Not so here, donuts were very chewy and tasted like the glaze was made with potato flour and water. They are filling and you won't want more than one, which my wife considered a good thing. Neat place, just not for me.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“You have to try these donuts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I am a big fan of Brooklyn's "Dough" donut and could not imagine a better donut…and no the Holy Donut is not better…but just as good in a different way. They say they are made with potato flour, and they are dense yet not heavy. Your first bite is a OMG moment… So for me there is no competition...Im just happy to find more incredible donuts!

Portland, Maine
“Sooooo goooooood.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Seriously, so good. The pomegranate donut is my utmost favorite, I could eat a dozen. Their bacon cheese stuffed donut goodness is like a magical party in your mouth. I also love their fresh-squeezed orange and grapefruit juice, I'm a sucker for those.

Greenville, South Carolina
“fantabulous Donuts!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stopped at the park ave location after dropping my husband off at the airport in Portland, we got there at 7:50 and there were already people waiting to go in (they open at 8 on Sundays). Once they opened we went inside, very cute interior and yummy donuts. We bought 6 and sat outside and ate 2, we went back in and got the egg and cheese frittata. We had dark chocolate sea salt, maple, cinnamon sugar and pomegranate. Everything was Great!! There was a constant stream of locals going into the shop, coming out with boxes and individual donuts. Would definitely go back next summer when we come to Maine!!

• Visited August 2014