“Terrific donuts!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrific donuts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Delicious donuts in a variety of unusual flavors. The dark chocolate with sea salt is excellent. If I lived closer I would be here often. $2 per donut is a little pricey, but in this case, worth it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Pretty Decent Donuts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The atmosphere of this place is great and the novelty of having potatoes in the donuts is great! Unfortunately the donut was somewhat heavy and dry. Perhaps it was the kind I got. I'm glad I got to experience the donuts and the place but probably wouldn't return.

Visited July 2014
Rutland, Vermont
“Best donuts on the planet!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

One of my good friends told me that we had to try this place while we were in Maine for our honeymoon. So I took her advice and we went. Best donuts ever! They are so dense and full of flavor. And they have an array of different and odd flavors that I would never have thought to put with a donut. A must try to anyone traveling to Maine

Visited June 2014
Westport, Massachusetts
“Worth the calories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Just happened upon this place while traipsing through downtown Portland for the first time,,did see the reviews on it the night before. Not a Hugh selection, which is fine with me, quality over quantity , they make it fresh as they go, I believe; friendly staff; they actually had two varieties of gluten free donuts!! Dark chocolate with sea salt and old-fashioned cinnomin sugar,,,the best gluten free dessert I've had to date, and I've tried a few,,I actually prefer them over the "regular" donuts, which by the way are delicious, A bit of a different texture than the regular donuts most are probably used to, but once you have these I can't imagine going back to the other places.
I had the bestseller, the dark chocolate with sea salt glazed, then lemon glazed, old fashioned glazed and chocolate glazed,,all delicious, so fresh and "homemade" looking,,oh,,ice coffee was very good also, total about $14...(6 donuts) but you get what you pay for,,will be stopping there again whenever I'm in the area. (Dear holy donuts, if I messed up some of the names of your delights, forgive a gal in sensory overload)

Visited July 2014
Fort Worth, TX
“Holy Donut - I have seen the light!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just happend by this place while exploring Old Port and what drew us in was the sign saying donuts made with Maine mashed potatos?? These were some of the best doughnuts I have ever eaten - tons of flavor but with none of the heaviness or grease you sometimes get with a normal donut. My wife loved the dark chocolate sea salt - but my favorite was easily the bacon cheddar. It's a plain donut on the outside filled with bacon and cheese on the inside.

• Visited June 2014