“Obviously made with love.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 540 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Obviously made with love.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

From the first moment I tried Holy Donut, I was in love. The balance of sweet to savory is perfect. If you think that Krispy Kreme is the ultimate, then these may not be for you. Next time I am in Ptown, I will pick up a dozen Chocolate Sea Salt for my family:) Awesome job HD!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston
“Just ok......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I love a good donut and try to visit local shops on all trips. I couldn't wait to try these and they were not as great as I had hoped. I tried the dark chocolate sea salt first and found it to be very heavy and a little greasy with not a ton of chocolate flavor. The texture was very chewy, not light and fluffy. I also got a coconut, sweet potato ginger glazed and and the coffee brandy glazed. All of them were heavy, chewy and kind of greasy. Potato donuts are not for me. Also at $9 a half dozen they are pricey.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Potato Doughnuts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The sign outside touting potato doughnuts caught my attention. Hmm, a potato doughnut - that's pretty unique. My partner and I went in, and were instantly created by a friendly woman behind the counter who said they were closing soon and explained the doughnuts they had left. We decided on the chocolate vanilla and the salted dark chocolate. Wow. I am not a doughnut person. I rarely eat them. These were the best doughnuts that I have ever tasted. We'd be in trouble if we lived in Portland because we'd be going back every day for more of these doughnuts. Fantastic. Thick and creamy, and so very different from the boring doughnuts you find at most coffee chains. I wish they had more flavors for us to try (shows how popular they are though!). Great price, great product, and friendly service. If you're in the area then you definitely have to stop in and try a potato doughnut!

Westborough, Massachusetts
“Go there for the sugar and cinnamon donut.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Best sugar and cinnamon donut we have had, not greasy at all. Don't miss this place if you are in Portland and looking for a sweet treat.

Visited February 2014
“YES ... Hooooly DONUT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Okay - I realize rating a donut shop with 5 Stars is a little crazy - but if ever a donut shop deserved it, it is The Holy Donut. Be SURE to try to the chocolate sea salt donut. The lemon donut is something you will dream about if you like lemon - it's a cake donut with the zippiest lemon glaze *ever*. We got there when they were bringing fresh cinnamon sugar donuts out - hot. OMG. Cancel lunch. Let's just stay here all day sampling donuts.....I appreciated that when I came in to get an order of a weird number of donuts that the woman at the counter said if added two more donuts it would be the same price as the 10 I was buying (I was bringing them home for friends - HONEST!)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere