“Surprisingly good!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
New York
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Although this seems like a bit of a local dive spot, the food was great. We ordered the Greek salad with calamari and the pulled pork quesadilla. Both were delicious and had some left to take home. Service was also great.

Visited July 2013

Portland, Maine
“Dependable with Occasional Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was my umpteenth time at this restaurant. The food and service are fast and friendly. I still call this place "Norm's," like many of us do who remember it in its prior incarnation. However, the food has actually improved since then, though the atmosphere is essentially the same: darkly lit with a nice, unpretentious ambiance...... and for a "straight" bar and restaurant..... there are always lots of gay guys around. I call it the "gayest straight eatery in the city." This makes for a fun party atmosphere, yet the bar is separate from the dining room, so one can 'get away' a bit more if one wants to- though not from the festive noisiness altogether. I went with an old friend on Pride evening, and surprisingly it was rather "straight" in there. One just never knows!

On this trip I ordered the yummy calamari appetizer. My friend had a good size chicken burrito with all the fixings. Both were very good. But I started with the creamy lobster stew with grilled baguette on special (and finished it). I was gastronomically pleased and surprised by how delicious this stew was- and not too salty. There were claws and big chunks of lobster meat in there! It was so convincing that my friend didn't hesitate to order his after the fact. The waiter was pleasant, competent and handsome, and when the ordering went to 'late night menu only' we weren't sure we could get another order of the stew.... but our waiter came through and earned himself a nice tip. That stew was truly outstanding. Another great meal at this place who's new name I dislike.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gorham, Maine
“BEST Place Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We go here at least once a week for the mussels, sweet potato fries and more. Never has there been a time where the food was not perfect. Great prices and people watching!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waterboro, Maine
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you're looking for a place with great cocktails and really good food, come here! Everyone is very friendly, and the menu is very creative as are the daily blackboard specials. I just had a spinach salad with the best fried oysters I ever had. My companion had the fish and chips, and he was blown away by the quality and portion size.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newfields, New Hampshire, United States
“J & T 0209”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Fabulous fish and chips. Delicious steak salad though it could have used less red cabbage and more romaine. We were seated early--5 p.m. Our meals arrived at 6 p.m. Our server was friendly but not overly attentive.

• Visited March 2013