“Hidden Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Montreal, Canada
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I never would have found this restaurant if it was not for the other revievews on this site. The food was fantastic. On a cold rainy day to be greeted with a pot of tea and bowl of soup is the most comforting thing in the world! The staff are very friendly and make eveyone feel welcome. The next time I am in Portland I will stop in again!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious and very cheap for a great meal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is fantastic!! I am Vietnamese and Lao and I know good pho. We try pho in every city we go to when were on vacation and this was one of the best vietnamese-type pho I've ever had. Delicious. It was a little pricy for pho ($7 for a small, $8 for a medium and $9.50 for a large) but it came with a separate bowl of soup for an appetizer and watermelon for dessert on the house.  We ordered 6 dishes and the bill only came out to $55. It was such a great deal and, again, one of the best bowls that I've ever had. 5 stars! Eat here and you'll leave very happy and full!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Maine
“Breakfast served???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

OK, I would not try Saigon for a year as their sign advertised that they served breakfast. SOmething about a Chinese restaurant serving all three meals just weirded me out. Add to that the curb appeal, and I stubbornly refused to even try it.

One night a friend and I landed up there quite by chance. Another Portland find! Walk through the doors and you'll find a clean, simple yet smart restaurant. The complimentary soup is delicious, the food always solid with crisp veggies, and the staff is very friendly. This is a great place for a quick meal. Service is fast and food seems to appear even faster.
But I'm still not going there for breakfast! :)

Visited April 2012
maine
“A HIDDEN GEM IN PORTLAND !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

First time patrron at this small restaurant on Forest Avenue in Portland, Maine. Typical polite service with food to die for. Excellent flavors, crispy vegetables and very well prepared food.
I will return often. Donato